Sunday, May 09, 2010

Eight grams of sugar is NOT eight cups of the stuff / White Kid and I are NOT dating, Grandma!

Eric picked me up shortly before 9, and we were off. He hummed the DARKWING DUCK theme song, so of course I had to get him back for that. I said that I might go to the townhouse tomorrow evening, and he offered to drive me after the meeting - that works! Says I will probably have to bus tomorrow, which is fine by me. He told me about some WORLD OF WARCRAFT things involving assaults and orphans... hey, as long as he did those things to advance in the game or whatever, then it's good! When we got to the church, I told him that he could jaywalk - I ended up beating him to the front door by a few seconds, haha.

I found Jordan and Thomas talking to Chris, Sabrina, and Martin about breakups with girlfriends - we reassured them that there were plenty of other girls, and told them that Martin was NOT married! After we went into the sanctuary, Jessica and I talked to the boys about Vacation Bible School (two weeks long this year - no idea offhand of the cost), eight grams of sugar in a Rice Krispie Square NOT equalling eight cups, Bibles, and not eating things in the sanctuary. A few minutes later, Jordan told me to go sit down! Hahaha! I accordingly did, and then talked to Nathan a bit - it's sparse inside at 9:30 AM, that is for sure! Jon and Harmony came in a bit after Phil and Grace - after discussions of Jane's bridal shower, sickness, going to the Whip for Jen, sounding like a man, and other things (I do not NEVER get sick!), I decided to move anyway, despite what I'd told Nathan. I saw Richie back in town, so of course I had to say hi!

Dave didn't mind if I sat by him, so of course he noticed my dragon shirt and dragon cap: "Yo, that's totally GANGSTER! You could be like Ed Hardy!" he told me - sure, whatever you say! He asked how my week was, and then wondered if I was doing Sunday School - you know it, man! I asked if he were doing lunch with his mom, and of course he was. I'd wondered what our program was for this Friday, but the announcements answered that one for me: another talk by Uncle Stephen... SWEET! After service, I went to the fellowship hall - I wasn't sacrificing my dignity for coffee, so I went without. Saw Joshua and Keenan, so I asked if they'd had fun at Whistler last week - they did! Hien said that I should stop with the Minute Rice and cream of mushroom soup base - hey, it works even if it's not the most nutritious thing in the world! Also talked to Chrystal about crackers, then spied Helen K. and her two sons. Talked to Helen about Grandma and such while eighteen-month-old Cory found a new seat in someone's guitar case... he seemed to enjoy his cheese and crackers, too! Nicholas wanted to be a superhero like Joshua was with Stanford, haha.

I saw Andrea outside, so talked to her about the Evite and Elaine... not sure I can go to the bridal shower because I need to look after Grandma, but we'll see. Then she went to look for Chuck, of course... that's the problem with coupled people, really. Attempted to give away some caramel cookies to Priscilla, Gladys, Hannah, Zoe, and Natalie - I just threw them out when I got home! Said hi to Andrew and Adam while they were talking to Lawrence about hockey, then milled around a bit (greeting Karen Chan / Wesley) before going upstairs to Toddler Sunday School. (Lesley was talking to Maisie, who was standing up before service... very odd!) Conor, Ramen, Shira, Amos, Amanda, two new kids named Annika and Ellie, a new boy, Harrison, Mattias, David (sporting a large bandage on his head from an injury he sustained yesterday after Awana), Evelyn, and Esther were there.

The twins and Esther seem to understand more English now, because they answered reasonably to my questions, and said more than a couple words. I helped Conor with some spelling on his construction paper card, and gave stickers to most of them. Mattias is a bit too young to understand sticker goodness, though! He seemed more interested in the toys that his parents wanted him to put away after class, haha! Amanda loves drawing, and showed me her card - very nice!

After the class, I went downstairs to find Grandma waiting for Jon - they weren't around, so I called to see where they were. They came back in a few minutes, during which time I talked to Jordan and Thomas some more. Jordan asked how old I was, so I told him to guess... "twenty-something" is no longer an accurate description! When he DID get it, he said that I was only two years older than Roberto Luongo. Thomas didn't pay attention to the conversation since he was busy drawing fire on his worksheet of Elijah's house. I told Jordan about my grandma's age - he seemed to think that I should be standing with her, but she has friends! Then he asked me "How is your grandma still alive?!" to which I said that some people lived to over 100 years old!

Jon and Harmony decided where to go for lunch, after joking to Grandma that we'd have hamburgers / fried chicken / salad / pizza for Mother's Day. Steph joined us, and beat us inside the Chinese restaurant since parking was atrocious! We had to wait a long time for a table, in large part due to a communication flub-up... we should get the table first, not a party of eight! But we were repaid by watching some great Asian service in action: a waitress went up to someone who was dining alone at a huge table, and told him that he had to move! That would NEVER fly in a white restaurant, hahaha! Talked about my supposedly holding grudges, Mr. Creep (I refuse to acknowledge him when his name is spoken), Jeremy now knowing what went on with Raymond and Randal (I should do damage control via a phone call), Talked about my supposedly holding grudges, Mr. Creep (I refuse to acknowledge him when his name is spoken), Jeremy now knowing what went on with Raymond and Randal (I should do damage control via a phone call), and HO being a great last name for jokes.

We also discussed red flags (THEY started it - and I'm not going to end it! THEY PISSED ME OFF, AND YOU WILL PAY!), beer, Vernon and Sarah, Jon and Harmony needing to move again (their landlord's selling the house), the hick wedding in Agassiz, the week's plans, Pastor Fulton and Inner Mongolia, frozen soup, the epic Alaskan cruise, Nate staying up for the hockey game tonight, Christon and Eric being visibly pained by the hockey results even if they don't verbalize it, making conversation (but my life is NOT that interesting!), Fish Café (better to have my sanity!), the lards' anniversary, yin-yang, spicy food, and more. Steph made a comment about how I didn't even reach for my wallet when it came time to pay the bill, so I had the perfect retort: "That's because the $10 bill is IN MY POCKET!" Apparently, that impressed Grandma a LOT, who was noticeably less cranky than she was at the start of the meal!

After that, Auntie Teresa said that she had to go back home to take care of some stuff. While she was doing that, Grandma and I sat around and waited for her. Grandma then asked me whether White Kid (Eric) and I were dating since she's under the impression that he goes to my house quite often! I guess he goes there more often now JUST TO PICK ME UP / DROP ME OFF because of my safety concerns, but we ARE NOT DATING! Nor are we getting married (to each other) because we both need someone to cook for the other! Crazy thinking, man! The next stop was Pine House Bakery / a supermarket where Grandma bought me butter cookies, and Auntie Teresa bought vegetables. I told Auntie Teresa that I'd be crashing the townhouse tomorrow night since she's not sleeping in my parents' room - she wondered why my friend didn't drive me home after the meeting. Well, he DID offer... I guess he knows I dislike asking a lot of favors from him, especially after a certain discussion! Now I'm home and (thanks to Opera being faster than Firefox) have caught up on a lot. Whee! I also noticed that someone stuffed my $10 bill BACK into my pocket without my noticing - SNEAKY NINJA!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home