Thursday, April 08, 2010

Zipline, Lego, being there for Grandma only, polygamy, contentment, and Sinatra

Got out of the apartment in time to meet Harmony at the Canada Line station - it was certainly pretty rainy and windy! We talked about Holly's birthday, trying to get gifts for someone who likes EVERYTHING in general, my not really being on speaking terms with Mom, Grandma appreciating my being there at the dinner (of course - it was BIG G!), Dave Wong (HA!), and some other stuff on the way to Karmie's. I know she was trying to keep me covered with her umbrella, but with the way I walk and such, it wasn't really happening - at least I had my dragon hat! At Karmie's, Helen C. and Andrea showed up eventually - we discussed Leah, Rachel, polygamy, the Salem witch hunt, naming, the Olympics / Richmond Oval, Josiah really liking to build things out of Lego (custom pieces are EXPENSIVE!), Nathaniel / Abby loving to watch people go by on the Zipline, puzzle / educational games, the weather, and more. Asked Andrea for a ride home - we talked about being content, Chuck, grabbing opportunities in Hamilton, Elaine, major life changes, and more. I'm glad to have friends like these!


Trivia fact for Thursday, Apr. 8: What country once implemented a policy that its leaders jokingly referred to as the "Sinatra Doctrine"? The former Soviet Union, in 1989, when then-president Mikhail Gorbachev announced that his government would no longer intervene in the internal affairs of its Eastern European neighbors. The doctrine's nickname was a reference to the Frank Sinatra song My Way, because it allowed the USSR's neighbors to go their own way.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home