Thursday, April 22, 2010

Simple exercises to practice English / Angels / Melpomene

I tested my strength last night, and barely managed to do the feat which I set myself - yay! Also tested the new microwave on Minute Rice, and it worked properly! WOOHOO!

Corey shared his exercises with me:

[01:08:57] Corey: well, I have to go teach my first-ever class in a few hours... I have to have two hours of material :P
[01:12:51] Corey: Fun / Funny

Write fun or funny in each blank space.

1. A: Did you have __________ at the park today?
B: Yeah, it was really __________!

2. Hey, that was a __________ joke!

3. I really like playing basketball, it's a lot of __________.

4. I had __________ watching the comedian, he was pretty __________.
[01:12:57] Corey: challenge yourself!
[01:13:12] Flami: I just did, remember?
[01:13:46] Corey: well, do it again by answering my questions, or I'll fail you
[01:13:58] Corey: Jane said they're kind of hard, so maybe they'll work today :P
[01:14:21] Corey: I have three sets of those. bored / boring, scared / scary, and fun / funny
[01:14:44] Corey: Jane confuses those all the time, so I figured they'd be good to teach :P
[01:15:24] Flami: I shouldn't laugh, but that sounds like a good barometer
[01:15:26] Corey: they give me absolutely no topic to teach, so I've been scrambling for the last couple days, trying to figure out how to fill two hours with no topic or apparent point to the class (other than to keep them practicing their English)
[01:17:47] Flami: I guess those exercises should be okay
[01:57:15] Flami: bedtime now - 2 AM. good luck with the teaching




You Are a Guardian Angel



You care deeply for your friends and family. Like a Guardian angel, you take protecting them seriously.

Besides guarding the ones you love, you have your eye out for all of humankind. You are very compassionate.



You are a natural caretaker, and you are very interested in social justice. You want to make the world better for everyone.

While you are responsible and conscientious, you are also light-hearted. You are easygoing and even quite funny.

Trivia fact for Thursday, Apr. 22: What legendary actress is depicted as Melpomene, the Greek muse of tragedy, in a marble mosaic in the National Gallery in London? Greta Garbo.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home