Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Taiwan noodles, being happy somehow, and more rain

Got out of the apartment late, but I figured the bus would come earlier than it actually did. Good thing the Canada Line is fast, but I also just missed a train - saw it pull into the station from a couple blocks away, but couldn't make it. When I got to Aberdeen Station, Auntie Ying was nowhere to be found. I thought she'd gone to the mall, so started out in that direction - I saw a strange lady waving at me while I was on the stairs, and finally recognized her as Auntie Ying. Maybe Eric is right, and I need to get my vision checked!

We went to a Taiwanese beef noodle house near Northern Delicacy, and she thought I looked happy. She thinks I'm pretty when I'm happy - I can't really recall being happy about TOO much lately! (well, except for less stress and more time with friends) When she said that she had to meet someone named Auntie Hannah at Daiso around 2, I was inwardly relieved because then that meant our lunch date would have a definite end time. She talks a LOT, and I sometimes want time to get lost in thought. Discussed toddler Sunday School, Conor losing his toys from HOME (he shouldn't bring them), Harrison's pee-scare, focusing on the older kids, Jason, chamber music, Linda, David, Evelyn, Esther, Bible Study Fellowship, VCC students cooking, my mom calling me, Dave (I was horrified when she thought I meant Mr. Creep!), and more. The time spent with friends is totally worth it!

It was my turn to horrify her when I said that I was reading a book about the numerous ways we can die - FINAL EXITS is a good one, and I know Cordia / Jeremy / Citrus / Stanley think so as well! By the time we left, I had consumed beef noodles / broccoli / tea, and left fairly quickly. Auntie Ying caught up to me, and said that I was pretty fast - that's the point, to get some alone time in without appearing TOO rude! It was raining, so I decided to go home. I wouldn't be much for checking out the weed action at the Art Gallery this afternoon, haha. Called Barry, and set up a food shopping appointment for tomorrow, too. Now I have to be out in the rain again, since the library just emailed me to say that my hold (HORNS by Joe Hill) is finally ready to be picked up. Oh well! Steve will be happy - yay, Wrathchild!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home