Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Flippy angina jaws, stupid obligations, slow computer, and nudges

High-scoring words of the night so far:

FLIPPY (104 points) - against Judi C. [4W, 2L on F] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
ANGINA (104 points) - against Millie F. [two 4W]
JAWS (130 points) - against Linda L. [5W used twice, hook off BENNE for a plural]


I figured that if I *had* to call my mother, I'd do it during a commercial break while JACK BAUER was on. Since I know she watches it rabidly, I also know she wouldn't want to talk past the break, which was only a couple minutes long in any event. Apparently, there IS dinner at the townhouse - I gave my excuse, saying that I had to leave early. She tried telling me that there were no dishes - THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE! I'd still rather do it over email, but there are times when I have to suck it up. *sigh* At least dinner is early? (apparently, Auntie Teresa is going to the airport or the community centre, and there are keys involved... I dunno, I wasn't listening!) Then Firefox decided to get really slow, so I installed Opera - no real improvement. Maybe it is the actual computer! Time to see who knows about hand-me-down computers!


Trivia fact for Tuesday, Apr. 27: Who originated the phrase "nudge, nudge, wink, wink"? Comedian Eric Idle, in a 1969 skit he wrote for the side-splitting British TV show Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home