Friday, March 12, 2010

Sheila Lotus / I don't like these teaching ideas... / Li Po

High-scoring words of the night so far:

LOTUS (120 points; 5W, 4W), SHEILA (180 points; two 3W) - against Jennifer H.
GRACIOSO (160 points) - against Peg P. [two 5W]
ATRIP (225 points) - against Becky A. [two 5W]


DAMMIT, THIS THING JUST RESTARTED! Called Auntie Ying, who seems to be really excited about new teaching ideas that she picked up for Bible Study Fellowship: paints and Play-Doh would be a bit messy, and telling the kids to listen when you use marching and jumping would make a lot of unnecessary noise. I know kids make noise, but you don't really want to exacerbate it, or take the kids out for a long time. The Bible Study Fellowship kids have two hours in their smaller classroom, and it's true that Frances and I used to do watercolors and Play-Doh. However, I don't think we ever encouraged them to learn about the Holy Spirit while playing! It's a way of communication, but that's about it. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm NOT feeling it... if she gets Rachel's grandma and Jessie to clean up any mess, then I don't think I'll be bothered, haha. Boy, I'm grumpy!

Uncle Peter says he'll take the twins and Linda to church from now on (they live near the old church - pushing a stroller uphill for a few LONG blocks doesn't sound fun! They seemed to love the books, if David's "Choo-choo, Mama!" was any indication! Told her that it was Conor's birthday on Sunday, and expressed doubt whether I'd make it to Grandma's 90th birthday dinner on Monday... maybe if Mom doesn't say anything during the dinner! Talked about care homes, the NOTIME gum from Japan, large-print Bibles, and a book that Phil recommended to her.

It's called THE MYSTERY OF MARRIAGE (by a Langley guy!), and is apparently very good and not like an ordinary marriage book. Well, I told her that there are some problems (like abuse) which are simply not solvable! (I'm not talking about people divorcing because they simply don't like each other anymore!) Apparently, she knows a couple who are having marriage problems (she either doesn't know or doesn't want to specify what these might be), so she wants me to pray that this couple will be receptive to this suggestion of the book. I don't know if I do that sort of thing, haha. At least this Sunday will be interesting, but I'm NOT a fan of losing an hour of sleep! UGH!


Trivia fact for Friday, Mar. 12: According to legend, how did the great Chinese poet Li Po die? While drunkenly trying to embrace the moon's reflection in the Yangtze River, Li Po - also known as Li Bai - fell from a boat into the water and drowned.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home