Friday, March 12, 2010

Dream of Dave, affection, duck, and Coke distraction from apologies

High-scoring words of the afternoon so far:

ANIMALIC (124 points) - against Katie R. [4W] {good deficit-erasing word!}
JEE (210 points) - against Linda W. [5W, 4L on J]


Had a weird dream where my friends and I were hanging around at a house party - I was writing stuff down, and noted a crowd outside on the rocky path. Dave noticed my focus, and laughed, grabbing my hand. He said that they were gathering to watch kids do skateboard tricks and have fun, but I preferred to stay with him - that was quite fine, heh. He was smoking a teeny cigarette, which I forgave him for in the dream, haha. After a while, my sister came in and invited us to an impromptu duck dinner, but I had to remember the plate for the duck. This looked like one of the greenish-blue and white plates my mom uses for the plants in real life, actually.

We went to the duck dinner in another part of the house, and I remembered the plate and the large plastic cups for the drinks. Everyone was just sitting on the floor, being affectionate and touching each other on the legs. This was apparently normal behavior, so nobody batted an eye. Dave and I didn't care, so joined in... but mainly kept to ourselves, resting heads on each other's shoulders and hugging. A while later, Steph and some other sporty girls (like Dorcas) had an announcement about an anniversary dinner, complete with cheer routines.

Then a guy expressed distaste over the state of some utensils - yeah, those were from a previous house party! Ew, old stuff! Later, my mom wanted to talk to me by the fridge (which was stocked with salad and drinks) - I told my sister that we were more alike than I'd previously thought, and she wanted to apologize. Luckily, Johnny and a few of his friends knew what was going on, and distracted me. One of them was smoking while helping to carry a garbage bag outside - he said that Johnny had a drink for me. Johnny then smilingly offered me a Coke and alcoholic beverage in a small glass, assuring me that it was quite good. I thanked him by hugging him - I was about to accept my mother's insincere apology! Then the dream ended. I think I know a couple reasons why I had this dream, but won't say. Got up to find that Hester had given me a couple of mousetraps - she wrote a note, referring to me as my last name. Uh, thanks...




You Are a Thinker



You are a dreamer and an idealist. You are much more concerned with how things should be than how they actually are.

You believe that what people do is much more important than what people say. You take careful notice of everyone's actions.



You tend to be quite rational. You try to think with a clear head, and you don't like it when your emotions get the better of you.

You confront challenges head on. You actually enjoy solving problems - even when they seem impossible.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home