Sunday, November 15, 2009

Strawberry Pocky, butter, garlic, borscht, and more!

When my parents picked me up for church today, I was SO sleepy and cranky - I could have done with more sleep since I'd had trouble sleeping! Oh well, I was made a LITTLE more human by some coffee I'd consumed at home (yay for the microwave!) plus some Smarties and Butterfinger candy I'd taken for my "breakfast." Also had some naptime in the car while we went to pick up Jon and Harmony, so that was fine. I didn't like how my mom called me "a big piece of meat," so I told her to shut up a couple of times. Rude, yes... but well, I wasn't myself, haha. Got to church EARLY (had no time to check stuff before I left - maybe after this entry), and overheard Mr. Creep telling Phil that his prayer request was to have his name in the bulletin. OH MY GOODNESS. At least he wasn't sitting in my normal section, so I was able to be there as usual. Said hi to Connie, Chrystal, Eric, Cindy, Jeremy, Harmony, Grace (she liked the birthday card!), and others too.

Saw baby Mattias, and made sure he was away from Mr. Creep - I told him that he'd like what I was planning to wear in a couple of weeks - it has shiny stars and jewels! (Conor seemed taken with the red jewel shirt last week, haha - he might like the Santa hat too!) Talked to his mom Karen, his grandma Auntie Catherine (eye surgery a week before Christmas!), Christon, Jen, Harmony, Hannah W. / Zoe / Gladys / Natalie (Tootsie Rolls and dads commenting on your Facebook status!), Ivan (a UBC workout results in your stuff being stolen?!), Jen, Dianne, and others too. Stanford offered Hannah L. some strawberry Pocky, and her mom Lily prompted her to offer it to me among others... I thanked her, of course. Also said hi to Stanford and Acer before I decided that I simply HAD to make my way upstairs; had some water crackers and homemade cookies first, however. Saw little Harrison in the fellowship hall while Jon was talking to his dad, but he didn't talk to me - when he was in the toddler Sunday School, it was better.

Conor was drawing trees and butterflies (as well as a baby angel pulling his leg, haha), and Amanda took a LOT of paper to draw hearts and such - she wouldn't draw on the other side of the paper, but whatever. I can SO see myself buying more paper BEFORE next September! Also saw Amos and Margaret - Jenga and Lego spaceships! (saw Arthur, too - he at least nodded to whatever I said, unless it involved liking Batman, haha) When I told the kids that my sister used to like Batman, Harrison said: "You have a SISTER?! My sister is six!" Hahaha, yes, I do! I led Margaret by the hand over to the table where she could draw stuff as well - yay, she understood what I said! Conor kept on saying something about "spring!" - I figured that he meant A spring like the ones in pens, but I didn't have one! Oh well.

Later, I went downstairs to see what was going on. I think Mr. Creep may have touched the back of my knapsack, but I don't know if it can even be washed! Christon, Harmony, Jen, and others went to the Honolulu Café (Yaletown Brewery has been pushed back again) - I went to what ended up being Pho (not Mui's) with my parents, while Jon went to Jeremy's to chop a LOT of vegetables. Apparently, Jon had bought twenty pounds of veggies, and Jeremy had made three bike trips for more veggies and ingredients for the vast quantities of homemade soup. I was somewhat relieved to hear that Mr. Creep didn't seem impressed with the vegetable part of tonight's meal, hahaha - good, then!

After lunch with my parents, we went to Chapters where my mom wanted to use a coupon. She even gave me money for a basic Starbucks roast coffee - that was fine, since she used my Chapters card. After drinking the coffee, I was off to Jeremy's. Man, I am not a fan of crowded buses. Talked to Jon, Jeremy, Dilys, and her sister Vicky about Neil Gaiman / China / family and skeletons / knowledge of family / Brunei / children's literature / music / New York Noise / the rain / massive quantities of canned tomatoes, salt, canned Campbell's soup, whole-wheat flour, cabbage, beets, borscht, minestrone, garlic, butter, carrots, and peppers / Whole Wheat Flour Bread Recipe, being amped up on caffeine, and such. I'm sure Jon doesn't trust me with a knife, hahaha. Natalie added me on Facebook, too. (Raymond and Harmony are here now, too - my brother told me to act like a grown-up... well, my letting Raymond in was the first time I've directly talked to him in six months, and we did kinda nod to each other when he came in, but... NO MORE! Although I'd still rather he was here than Mr. Creep, so maybe that IS saying something... which is NOT "OMG, I'm so obsessed with you!!!!" :P I've also heard that Eric will be here, too - YAY FOR NO BUSING IN THE RAIN! :D)

There is STILL a box of salt in the bathroom, and I am once again in love with Jeremy's Tropical Vanilla soap from Jergen's - it smells SO GOOD! My Softsoap Brown Sugar and Vanilla can't even COMPARE, man!

My mom to me in Chapters, in front of a rather obvious elevator: "Is this the elevator? Does it go up?" HAHAHAHA! Okay, so the elevator IS painted the same color as the walls, but usually elevators go up!

Note to self: Read this post on Quiver-Full Families later. Can't bookmark it, as I'm on Jeremy's computer, thus the link here. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home