Saturday, November 14, 2009

Stealing souls, "dope" and "represent" being used wrongly, soup fest

Eric picked me up from home, and we started in on the usual topics - yes, it's true that one status set off a "Facebook debacle," but the one about the creepy old man adding me was NOT about Mr. Creep! I told him exactly how I felt about the lunch, and that Mr. Creep was trying to steal my soul by looking at me. Eric would have stared at me to bug me, but it wasn't a good idea since he was driving. He said he got this week's Sunday Dinner email, but he might not go since he had a busy Sunday: church, then seeing the football game at Alistair's, and then hockey?! I thought the Lions had finished their season on Halloween, but Eric reminded me that it was a playoff game. Ah yes, though I don't follow that too much! Then he wanted to know whether I thought Alistair was a creep - from what I know of him (which admittedly isn't much), I don't think he is one! Discussed games, fighting zombies, ridding an emperor of blight, Tuesday night's dinner, Steph's colors for her new place, Isabel, Canucks colors, blue, silver, green, white, purple, magenta, grey, yellow, Cecilia, Nathan, weddings, and more.

When we got to the church, I had a bit of trouble getting out because the grass was to door-level... but I managed. As we went inside the church, we saw everyone going downstairs to the fellowship hall - Jeremy said that our usual room would have been way too crowded! Once everyone got chairs and sat down, I saw what he meant. When Jon decided to invite EVERYONE to Sunday Dinner at Jeremy's (that includes Mr. Creep...), I asked Jeremy whether he'd sanctioned this invitation beforehand! He said that they were planning to make 30 litres of soup or something... okay, I can see them using the closet door as a table again maybe! He's been busy with work (every other Sunday too lately?) and school... but at least he'll see his family at Christmas! (go with WestJet - they were still flying when all that snow stuff happened last year!)

Bible Study was all right for the most part, only this new guy bugged me because he used the words "dope" and "represent" along with "you feel me?" (and no, he wasn't black... he was Chinese, from what I could tell...) Sorry, but that reminds me of my ex - I'm keeping a somewhat open mind, however. (I told Eric about this later, and he thought the same thing - potato head, indeed...) I let Jeremy share my Bible when I found some "heavenly realms" study notes - what an interesting writeup on the various meanings! Another new person offered her house - we decided just to stay with meeting at church because everyone at least knows where that is, as opposed to someone else's house. But it was nice of Winnie to offer, heh. We took care of two Frog Hollow families by giving $5 right then and there (thank goodness I had the change!), and also figured out stuff for snacks and the Christmas potluck. I didn't contribute anything like chicken / fruit / anything else, but I have to watch my spending and such. (although I guess I can now pay my bills...) Johnny said that he was going to Malaysia in early December, for a wedding... whoa!

After that, I talked generally to a few people like both Andreas, Teresa, Harmony, Henry, and others. (swimming classes, prayer, parents being back from the States. cop love triangles on TVB, listing of stuff, and more) Said hi to Dawn, Vivian, and Jen; door-to-door selling where they just drop you off and expect to see you later is NOT for Jen, especially during a Vancouver winter! Dawn says Eni is fine, but busy with work. Dylan wanted to know if Dawn was going to visit her family over the holidays - she leaves Dec. 18 for two weeks! Andrew asked how it was going with Mr. Creep, JUST when he was going out of the room with the pie / plates! Awkward timing, haha. Also talked to him about school, goals, and such. Said hi to Quan, Sonya, and Emily - yay for birthdays, Em! (Melia and Jason's is tomorrow!) Jeremy and Jon were going through a bunch of ingredients for Sunday's minestrone soup fest or whatever, and Jer brought up homemade bread - mmm, good! Also discussed coffee, e.tea, food, and more - but Eric and I decided to go home. No, it wasn't because I was being an idiot in regards to a certain person... he was tired, too! Jeremy said that "FRIDAY THE 13th!!!!!" was a huge front-page story in the 24 newspaper today - wow, you can't find anything else to write about?! (like the Main / Broadway fire?!)

On the way home, Eric tried to find a gas station that wasn't 105.6, but found a Husky that was 104.9 instead. The price was actually 103.9, which is what he'd wanted to pay in the first place. Discussed Raymond, Randal, "targets," Mr. Creep asking for firewall help (the longer you talk to him, the more he'll think he's your FRIEND!!!), FLASH FORWARD, FRINGE, Youtube and the 40th anniversary of SESAME STREET, avoidance, Tim Horton's chai tea, the dawn of time, dinosaurs, and more. He thought I was 87% evil when I was cackling... haha, I don't believe you! Got home and ate some salted nuts, then drank my Rustic Lentil soup - woohoo!


Poo nugget for this weekend: Termite Farts - Termite farts generate some of the highest quantities of methane in the animal / insect kingdom, with some scientists stating that they contribute more methane than all human industries combined. (factories, cars, etc.) The cause of their sky-high methane content lies in termites' guts, where they harbor large quantities of bacteria to aid in digestion of their woody diet.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home