Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Harry Potter, Garfield, Vancouver Canucks, dinosaurs, the circus, Sesame Street, and more!

After eating a banana and becoming a Facebook fan of Bathroom Readers, I was off to the mall, just missing the pest control guy. (for once, he comes when I'm actually awake! - but then I had to leave!) I went to Indigo Spirit today, looking for Uncle John's Endlessly Engrossing Bathroom Reader (#22), but they didn't have it. I was able to use a "$5 off" coupon on Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack: A triple helping of classic Garfield humor (for my brother, which I plan to read first - contains Garfield Beefs Up, Garfield Gets Cookin', and Garfield Eats Crow), two Vancouver Canucks bookmarks (one for snooooopy / John A.), a Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince bookmark for Nyssa (giggles_19), a Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix bookmark for Sheryll (sheryll), and a bookmark which lists "The Top 10 Reasons to Read Every Day." I bought Harry Potter bookmarks in 2008 for Nyssa and Sheryll, but I can only find one of them now that I'm home.. oh well. I'll send the extra along, of course... Yee Poh would probably want me to keep her money for myself, but I'm being giving towards others too. (and no, this is NOT a consequence of maternal guilt trips!)

Then I went to Carlton Cards, where I got an unexpected 50% off discount every time I bought two sticker packs. I had the SLOWEST CLERK EVER, which did nothing for my patience levels. Got two snowflake packs, a dinosaur pack (I may have bought two last year for Aydin - dontlickit - and her little brother, but can't find them), a horse pack, a circus pack, a happy face pack, a "crosses with Bible verses" / religious pack, a letter sticker pack, a Sesame Street Christmas pack, a Nativity Scene pack, a "flowers and BEST FRIENDS!" pack, an "cute animals at the zoo" pack, a Santa pack, a "Christmas teddy bears" pack, a "Merry Christmas" winter pack, and a "Christmas dog and cat" pack. Afterwards, I got cash out of the bank machine before finally going home. Tonight's plans: set my alarm, prep SOME Christmas cards, eat Homestyle Cheddar, shower, and do two loads of laundry!


Top 10 Reasons to Read Every Day

1. Frees your mind.
2. Impresses everyone with what you know.
3. Develops your imagination.
4. Chases away BOREDOM.
5. Teaches you something.
6. Takes you to faraway places.
7. Sends you to the past or into the future.
8. Introduces new people and cultures.
9. Opens up new worlds.
10. Gives you serenity.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home