Saturday, November 28, 2009

Awana Hot Dog Day / SIN replacement

DANG IT! This thing restarted while I was out at Awana! Martin picked me up, and I thanked him for the ride - we talked about Dad, Jon, Steph, Harmony, the very rainy weather (and it was so sunny yesterday!), his family moving to Richmond from Vancouver in 2005, his brother being in Hong Kong, engineering, jobs / sun / rain in Hong Kong, the Public Market / Save-On (he lives nearby), expensive plane tickets right now, Jason the new Awana leader and his brother Daniel, Eric T., and more. Then we picked up Jason, and talked about Chris / Billy W. / Sarah / being late. When we got to the parkade, Benedict said that he could see Henry's car - what the?!

The kids seemed to enjoy Hot Dog Day - I gave Conor's drawings back to him, and noted that he was being too loud for his friend, who had to cover his ears! Chrystal said that she'd lost her ID before too, and had to pay a fee to have it replaced. For once, I don't mind it costing money (I don't think I ever paid for Korey's to be replaced after he thought *I* had lost it...), but still. It can be ANNOYING! I've just been reading that it costs $10 for the SIN card to be replaced, so that's okay-ish. Good thing there's a centre really nearby, if I can only find it...

Talked to Ian, Sean, Lanie, Midora, little Eric M., Henry, Angus, Danny, Jordan, Maxine and Tim (Felicity had called Maxine up to say "guess who is teaching your niece violin?!" hahaha - Jon had told us that he recognized her accent; "I know some people from South Africa!"), Keenan, Auntie May, and others: friends with your niece's teacher, it being a small world, Nicholas / Helen, vacations, Hong Kong, "missing kids," Ian and Gabriel being active and messy, chips, pubs instead of high tea, Felico's Greek food birthday stuff, wet chairs, chalkboards (squeaky sounds and nails scratching it - NO!), and more. I didn't get to give Henry his present because he left early, but did give John the present for his family - the kids seemed to like the idea of chocolate and candy canes, hahaha. Saw Dad a couple of times, and at least figured out the time they'd pick me up tomorrow. It was all right, but I only took one bag of chips for home - I'd already eaten a few leftover wieners and a bag of chips, though.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home