Friday, November 27, 2009

At least Sheryll has a bunch of bookmarks! / Linda getting better / Dog Doo

Sheryll (sheryll) got my card with the bunch of bookmarks inside - odd that she didn't get it the same day that her daughter (Nyssa - giggles_19) got HERS, but at least she now has plenty of Richmond Public Library / Harry Potter bookmarks to use! Spent more than three hours tonight on my Christmas cards, which includes preparation of the $1 and $2 boxes I got recently: Henry, John / Ada / Ian / Sean, Cindy / Dianne, Dylan / Deb, Phil / Grace, Eric and his family, Auntie Ying, David / Evelyn / Amos / Arthur / Amanda / Esther / Conor / Margaret (Sunday School kids), Rachel's grandma, Jen, Jeremy, and Danielle all have cards now. As a result, I called Auntie Ying an hour and ten minutes later than I said I would, oops. Luckily, she was still up: she told me that she didn't play ping-pong with Uncle Peter tonight (for exercise) because she'd had a long day, what with a meeting about healthy food and such.

Said that she'd gone to see Linda (the twins' mom in hospital with a ruptured intestine), and Linda had seemed fairly cheerful. Good thing she's getting better, and David and Evelyn are at a cousin's house now - yay for local relatives! When Auntie Ying told Linda that I was praying for her too, she was heartened. We discussed the relative difficulty of the Sunday School materials for a few minutes: Auntie Bessy should be told, at least. This stuff is for ages 5 to 6, and we only have two of them in our class! (Amanda and Conor) Suppose we'll just tell them the story, discuss it a little, and then let them play! She thanked me for being faithful before we said goodnight - hey, it's what I do! Then again, she also cautioned me against staying up too late, saying that I could finish my Christmas cards tomorrow: I guess so, but I was on a roll, haha.


Poo nugget for Friday, November 27: Why Dogs Dig Doo - For the same reason that humans wear cologne or perfume, dogs also love to smell "good." However, a dog's definition of a fine fragrance usually includes poop or a dead animal rather than Chanel No. 5. Rolling in strong, rotten odors is thought to provide disguise from hunting animals, It is widely known that a dog's sense of smell is more sophisticated than our own, so the next time you turn up your nose at a canine playing in doo, just think! Feces may in fact smell better than perfume.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home