Monday, September 07, 2009

Rocky Mountain Flatbread, and Millennium Karaoke

This kinda needs to be a quick update since I have to be up at 8:30-9 tomorrow for Erin's reception. We'll see... I noted evidence of mice where I left a sesame seed from my hamburger! Since I was planning to email / call Krista's dad once this real-life stuff died down after the long weekend ANYWAY, it won't alter my plans; it'll just give them a certain urgency! Maybe tomorrow morning IF time allows, but it probably will not. Also just had a flurry of email exchange about a family dinner for my birthday: if the 19th works better for Jon, I'd prefer that. Classes and such make things a bit too rushed to have it earlier for him, and it's fine if it's after Awana for me! Steph says she also prefers the 19th (because of a country music concert :P) - YAY! :D

Eric picked me up a little later than I was expecting, but that was fine since that was also expected. I told him what my dad had said, and then we had a kinda random ride over to the Rocky Mountain flatbread place. (exes, Corey, money, HALF-LIFE 2 and its gravity gun, throwing toilets at people, belief, death, sorting out Committee stuff, feelings, thinking he called me "a millennium named Dave," and more) Also gave him Chinese Eric's wishes from Hong Kong, which he appreciated. Got to the flatbread place, gave him 50 cents to augment the 1:25 still on the meter (SWEET!), and waited around. Talked to Dallas, Jon, and Harmony about cooking / vacuuming / what we did this afternoon / the interesting menu / books / broken umbrellas / more. Isabel, Christon, Jen, Lesley, and Nathan showed up later... Citrus showed up an hour or so into things. We had to wait for this party of four to clear out after paying their bill - we got a sneak peek at the menu since we had to wait so long. Joked about going over to the table and STANDING OVER THEM, preferably with death glares included so they felt EXTRA uncomfortable... hey, it's the Chinese way, haha! The place was popular with kids, probably because of all the pizza and "make-your-own pizza night."

They FINALLY cleared out after about fifteen minutes (Jon had called two hours earlier for a reservation!), so we got to sit down and order a bunch of interesting pizza. Talked about running, beer (I had to get an oatmeal stout after I heard certain news), booking a karaoke room, someone being a good singer (too bad!), the hockey pool (Nate's still in?!), the UK, my face being red (Eric said I looked like a cherry tomato or an apricot), and more. Nathan gave Eric a bunch of videos / video games: NHL 2006, NHL 2007, DUMPLINGS (the Chinese "aborted fetuses as dumplings" movie), some Wii game, and more. The highlight was the Pirate Pak of unknown vintage - way to remind us of White Spot, dude! Got a verbal RSVP from Christon, and outlined why I wasn't inviting Nathan. (I should have gotten one from Dallas - maybe sometime!) I accidentally included a tip when I paid for my stuff, forgetting about the automatic gratuity - sigh. Oh well, it won't break the bank!

After dinner, most of us went to karaoke at Millennium near Aberdeen. On the way over, Eric questioned my sanity (as usual!), and wondered whether I could control myself at karaoke. I told him that for the sake of the love I bore him, I would try not to punch a certain person in the face. He thought "TRY" wasn't good enough, and thought that I was making my feelings rather obvious with a "leaving him" comment. Never mind Monday's Committee meeting, where I made a not-too-impressed noise when someone's name was brought up for nomination... Eric blamed that on the drugs I had yet to take (Advil), but I assured him that the "blue" fluid was out for this month. ;)

We had a lot of fun at karaoke - nonsensical videos, key changes, Spice Girls, VIVA FOREVER, Bon Jovi, YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME, LIVIN' ON A PRAYER, Michael Jackson, BAD (which started out with "Your Butt Is Mine" - WHAT?!), Celine Dion, MY HEART WILL GO ON, Nelly Furtado, MANEATER, BILLIE JEAN, THRILLER, Take That, BACK FOR GOOD, Aqua's CARTOON HEROES, Christina Aguilera, GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN, WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS Hong Kong-style (Nathan!), the Backstreet Boys, Savage Garden, TRULY / MADLY / DEEPLY, UMBRELLA, I SWEAR, a lot of Chinese songs (like ten Andy Lau ones while trying to find ONE specific song), WHITE WEDDING, YMCA, CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT, ZOMBIE, VERTIGO, and more! The guys were trying to figure out how to shuffle the songs, or at least randomize them. Seems someone had chosen a whole bunch of Chinese songs, and they didn't want Raymond to sing like seven songs in a row. That would have been too much solo from a certain person to take, so I silently agreed. We were trying to find the real version of HAPPY BIRTHDAY; before we did, we found one that was mostly in Chinese. The only English was "Happy Birthday," and wasn't like the song we knew and loved!

Eric joked that STEAMY WINDOWS was my song - no, but Steph would have sung it for real had she been there! We ended up skipping through a lot of songs, haha. Crazy times, but still good. Let Harmony borrow OUTLANDER (with matching pretty blue bookmark) at the end of the night, and asked Eric to hold my bag while I did something quite necessary. On the way home, I asked whether he would attend Bible Study at Vanessa's - since he would, I at least am assured of a ride, so I can reply to Cindy's email tomorrow. Gotta NOT be on the bubble - stupid weather and such last December wasn't good! Told Eric that I would serve on Committee next year, despite not knowing certain people's status. I gotta wedge my foot in that door, man!

Damn, this update took over an hour to write. I'll be so tired at the reception tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home