Saturday, September 05, 2009

Broadway changes their stops too often!

After spending some time on the phone with Eric and Jon, and attempting to get ahold of Ivan (I assumed Sam wasn't coming), I resigned myself to the bus trek to church. Turned out to be quite the ordeal, since I didn't know that the Broadway stops had minor changes - but those changes were enough to throw my entire trip out of whack. Wasn't sure which stop to go to in order to get a bus that was going further than Broadway Station - and it was growing darker outside! Had to walk to the old London Drugs in order to find one of those - there were way too many Broadway Station buses, which was annoying. Luckily, the driver of the Boundary bus I eventually took let me get on with an expired transfer; the old lady in front of me also got on with one of those! I know, I know... my bus pass isn't going to be found if I sit here in front of the computer, but I have to update and check stuff first. Maybe I'll look for it tomorrow after the orientation and such...

I eventually arrived at church when it was 8:15, and things were just getting underway. Still, it was QUITE the hassle! Quickly located Eric and Jon, who thought that I'd been going to call Harmony. Yeah, but I didn't want to bother his wife - which probably turned out to be a bad decision! Talked to Harmony about it later - next time. THEN Eric told me that I could have taken the Canada Line to Waterfront, then took the Skytrain to Rupert - gee, and you couldn't have told me that at 5:30 PM?!

Talked to Jen, her friend Jason (who's a Christian metal producer!), Cordia, Sarah, Mike, Sam (who did show up - farewell to Manitoba!), Kevin Lee, Margaret, both Andreas, Jason, Melia, Angus, Hannah (farewell to the Okanagan!), Dawn, Henry, Golden, Cindy, Dylan, Deb, Wesley, Jose, Darren (in town till the 19th), Danielle, Grace, Phil, Martin, Citrus, Sonya, Stanley, Ivan, Teresa, and more people. (the smell of durian, French Immersion, a French shirt, being lazy, wedding in a week, shawls, Eni, Skype, producing Christian music, Chuck's mom, my birthday thing, Eric's dinner / karaoke, gift ideas, Erin's wedding / reception, minutes rolling over on the 8th, etc.) It was certainly interesting when Sarah brought out a durian for Sam - a lot of people were clustered around trying to see whether it could indeed be opened with an assortment of knives! Sam, Citrus, Jon, and Stanley tried... while Amy just went at it once it was open enough! Jon was explaining to Jason that it had spikes, which is why everyone was being careful. Later, I told Jason that I had a younger sister who was very hyper - Harmony confirmed it. He could see that there must be some connection between me and Harmony - no, we just hang around random people all the time!

Checked Randal's big salad bowl to see if there was any MEAT, haha. Caught up with Martin briefly: he's so right that Grandma's spirited! Grace told Jon that Hannah was engaged - I gathered as much from Becky's Facebook status the other day or so. She's always been boy-crazy, however! I don't know anything about her fiancé other than his name, heh. The "different" woman Teresa was stuffing a lot of leftover food into a container for her boyfriend, and also counting out money for an offering envelope. Confirmed with Henry that he was coming back for Awana, which is cool. Eric drove Jon and Harmony home before dropping me off. Discussed blogging, Holly, Myles, burgers / buns, sausages, PNE work, Facebook, what to do with kids around town (Granville Island Kids Only Market?), the McDonald's stabbing, Harmony's relative having nine siblings, "Tomlin" as a nickname, Ray, being morbid, pizza, tomorrow's rain forecast, snoring, Powerpoint, and more.

Got home around 11 or so to find a missed phone call from Ada, but she sent me a message on Facebook about tomorrow... 9:20 it is, I guess. Dianne and Gillis both put in a "no" RSVP to my birthday dinner, which is fine. Hopefully I see Gillis soon, since I saw Dianne tonight! Ivan just sent in his RSVP via Facebook, blaming a "pharmacy white coat ceremony" for his non-attendance at my dinner. Darn, haha. I got a few verbal RSVPs from Harmony, Andrea T., Jen, Danielle, and Janette though! (and I assume Eric is coming!) You bet I have a list here, haha!


Poo nugget for this weekend: High-Flying Farts... High-altitude flatus expulsion, or HAFE, is a gastrointestinal condition of increased flatus passage that occurs in people climbing to high altitudes. At lower atmospheric pressures, intracolonic gas expands and results in excess passage of flatus. Initial studies state that HAFE becomes problematic when ascending to altitudes above 11,000 feet. While not life-threatening, the physicians who first described this disease in 1981 characterized HAFE as a "significant inconvenience to those who prefer to hike in company."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home