Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hot and sour soup, spring rolls, ostrich meat noodles, and chewy cookies

I was determined to go out for lunch today (since it had cleared up - it's raining now!), so spent some time looking for my debit card just in case I didn't have enough cash. Eventually found it on the floor in plain view, even if it was flipped over. While I was on the bus, I decided to see where the 410 bus stop was in more-or-less broad daylight. It was indeed where Eric thought it was - oh, the humanity! Good info for Fridays in the future, though!

Decided to go to Specialty Chicken and Wonton House, which was cash-only in any event. Got a large bowl of hot and sour soup, and a little bowl to go with it, unlike last time! Found out that a large is the equivalent of three bowls - nice. Was still hungry after that, so ordered some spring rolls. Those were enough, so I also ordered some ostrich meat noodles to go; I was about to order beef, but I figured I needed to treat myself for my birthday, haha. (my sister and Terrence would call this being "Lady Sarne with Highest Honors Bestowed" :P) The noodles came in a foil takeout container, so I asked if they could put it in two Styrofoam containers instead. (for microwaving purposes... but then I ended up dumping everything into a bowl at home!) If it's too big for one container, make it a double! Hope I didn't earn any spit or anything for that, hahaha.

Since I was right by Save-On, I decided to get some on-sale vanilla soy milk (for cooking / drinking purposes), and some on-sale Chewy Chips Ahoy for myself or the kids. I did not go to the liquor store like I did seven years ago on this date for Silent Sam vodka, heh. (but it would have been for Scotch this time!) Then I walked to the bus stop (yay for it being in front of London Drugs again!), and then was delayed for five minutes because of the bus waiting for something. Two people asked what the delay was, and two others just walked off the bus using the front door since the rear doors were closed for some reason!

I should tell Auntie Ying that I have snacks in reserve, so maybe I'll call her later for that. I need to call Jeremy to confirm that he's coming, and call Kelsey's later to confirm the reservation that I made two weeks ago, too! Got home to find that Steve L. had left "early" birthday wishes on my wall - yup, there's another one with a time difference! The Ubuntu forums also emailed me to wish me a happy birthday, heh. Now I have some more washing to do, but I'll get to it later.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home