Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunflower flax bread, muesli yogurt, deeply-discounted flan, rice, and cream puffs

HA! I ONLY TOOK ONE HOUR TO SHOP FOR GROCERIES! I bought a strawberry flan which was $7 off (best before Friday), Activia muesli / raspberry yogurts, some mint Dubs, a small container of Chantilly mini cream puffs, bananas, a chicken pot pie, some Milo, (chocolate) soy milk, salads (green / edamame / cranberry madness), cheap / Ziggy birthday and farewell cards for Eric / Sam / Nathan, and a new whisk to replace the one Billie used for Dallas' pancake mix. The whisk cost more than I thought it might, but it is sturdy! In the name of slaying yet more food-related memory dragons, I purchased a McCain Deep and Delicious chocolate cake AND a Western Family vegetarian lasagna with eight vegetables and multigrain pasta. The only difference is that I will NOT leave it in the microwave overnight since I'm too lazy to shuffle over there without my cane and take it out! Yes, that horrified me as his girlfriend... never mind the time he took THREE DAYS to clean up the microwave because he failed to follow directions! He apparently thought that "microwave for one and a half minutes" was something that could be stretched to mean "two or three minutes." *rolleyes*

Excuse me, I'm better now. I was going to get some cookies, some cheesecake slices, a Source Tango yogurt collection, and a huge container of the aforementioned cream puffs (or eclairs), but decided I didn't really need those! Since I needed to replace some old things in the freezer from Andrea, I got on-sale Nestlé cookies and creme ice cream, frozen veggies (carrots / corn / green beans / peas), and (sunflower) flax bread. I was going to get the Organics kind made without flour, but settled for Country Harvest, which was actually on sale. There were no blueberries, so it's a good thing I still have the frozen cherries! Also got Uncle Ben's rice in lemon chicken / grilled chicken with portobello mushrooms. It's not as good as making it with real rice (which I still have), but it's okay if you're in a rush or something! Decided to get pomegranate-blueberry juice, cranberry (and black cherry) juice, and some on-sale turkey as well.

Barry talked to me about the Night Market and reading glasses - I don't know if those things make your eyes weaker over time! Says that the meeting was scheduled this morning - yeah, I bet he just forgot! After I got home, I put everything away before having Isabel's German apple cake as part of lunch. Then I threw the garbage away - some sauce went in there, too. Now maybe I'll try getting some rest before tonight, at least!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home