Monday, August 31, 2009

Evites, food as fuel, death glares, snake bowel movements

Steph and Chantal are camping, and want to know about snake bowel movements. Guess I'll be Junior Herpetologist for the day on Wikipedia research, haha. Crazy kids, I tell ya... :P Then again, Corey thinks they should taste it - "You know, like how you put something in a sci-fi or crime show computer, and it can magically analyze it, and tell you all about it. They can put it in themselves to analyze it!" I think that's disgusting! Snakes must swallow their prey whole, and snakes become dormant while the process of digestion takes place. A snake disturbed after having eaten recently will often regurgitate its prey in order to be able to escape the perceived threat. When undisturbed, the digestive process is highly efficient, with the snake's digestive enzymes dissolving and absorbing everything but the prey's hair and claws, which are excreted along with waste. And according to WikiAnswers, a snake excretes its waste the same way we do, and they do it through a vent on their under-belly. Apparently, the odor from fresh snake poo is indeed quite atrocious and truly appalling stuff just like ours!

Dylan seems to think that I won't be a member - I've been to a LOT of meetings, man. I'm sure I qualify because I am an NG, haha. Yes, I know that's not how it works... but it would be cool if it DID work that way. Hee hee. Since I'll be seeing Eric tonight, I guess I better work on his birthday card so IT isn't late like the guestbook was!

Andrea just sent me an Evite to some Sunday School appreciation lunch, on the Saturday morning after my birthday. Not sure if I can make it... I'd need a ride there, and then a ride back home, depending on how long the thing is. There IS Awana afterwards too, so maybe I can just commandeer the church library (if open) / an empty bench somewhere to read. Yeah, maybe I'll just do that. I will win if I get my reply in before certain people, YAY! Then again, they timed it to occur right after that lecture, which I probably will not attend. Now I don't know if I'll get a ride... there IS the Canada Line, though. Hmm... *thinks* I just said I would go since I can always use food as fuel before Awana, so we'll see what happens!

Speaking of Evites, I need to find out where mine for Friday's BBQ went! Ah, it's in the Trash Folder, and I can't view the damn thing until I remove the email from there - UGH! Replied to say I'd go, and I could help Eric keep Randal away from the meat (he SAYS he's visiting his mom in hospital...) with my NG DEATH GLARE, MUHAHAHAHAHA! Gillis says he'll be there, so that's a good thing! I also gotta coordinate one for my birthday pretty damn quick - maybe I'll make it at California so Dallas will have no excuse NOT to make it, haha. Although there ARE probably a lot of funky Richmond restaurants, too... haven't been to Kelsey's in YEARS, for example! (went there once with Elizabeth and James) I'll figure it out while I'm at the meeting, since Eric just called from work to see if I remembered about it! Of course I did! So now I'm out of here with the chicken pot pie, a fork to eat it with, my water bottle, brownies to share maybe, and a bottled water for Eric who hasn't had enough of it so far today.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home