Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Krista, Erik, Bubble Queen, Future Shop, CORALINE, and Bananas

Krista and Erik picked me up this evening, and I was relieved through the course of our hanging out that they didn't really try to kill each other. (hahaha... they actually seemed affectionate) Pulled over in the nearest parking lot to try deciding what to do - Kyle was at Erik's playing games (or something), and Vanessa couldn't make it out. We weren't really up for seeing movies at Silvercity, or at least it didn't really matter. Richmond Centre was closing in ten minutes, so we went to the Future Shop in Lansdowne instead. I don't think I've been there since that time I went with Eric after church ages ago! They bought Coraline (belated birthday present) and two cheap Nintendo Wii games - something to do with Mario Banana Blitz and dragons, but I could be wrong. Shared Jon's "walk like you're a homophobe!" line from a few years ago with them, haha. Discussed restaurants in Fort St. John, bad sushi, book clubs, games, pubs, falling asleep, forklifts, dissonance, and more.

Then we looked around for bubble tea places - someone spotted Bubble Queen, which is at the old Fair Bee location. Where have you gone, one-litre bubble tea?! I stepped over a bird, and it just stayed on the sidewalk without moving - Snow White could be a nickname, heh. To my surprise, Krista paid for my honeydew with coconut jelly and pearls, Erik's lychee with NO pearls (!), and her own rose with pearls. I listened as they talked about some girl named Sarah, Ren Fest, people who seem to be full of themselves, and volunteering. While Erik spaced out, Krista and I discussed my church. I go to church in Vancouver because my parents were two of the founders - yay for roots! We also discussed our grandmas - they're similar in some ways, for sure.

After that, we went to Erik's place to watch CORALINE. I made a comment about how he lived REALLY close to my parents, and Krista asked whether they were still together - yup, even if I don't seem to say much about Dad in my posts. The movie was pretty good - secret doors in walls can lead you into danger! Saw Lindsay briefly, and also talked to Erik's mom for a bit while Erik and Krista went upstairs to see her snake, which apparently has gotten a lot bigger. I also interacted with the dog Lucy, who seemed interested in sniffing me. Ah, dogs! Of course I'm her friend, haha. Discussed church, Awana, hot lunches, volunteering, Salvation Army, Ren Fest (she might go), mustard, mayonnaise, coffee at 5 AM for work, packing lunch, getting away by herself, the dog's sickness and special diet (Labs apparently are bottomless pits when it comes to eating), and living in Richmond... definitely not Surrey! Kyle drove me and Krista home afterwards - discussed ultrasounds as a display picture, Facebook, the fireworks, transit, and things in general. Good times!


Poo nugget for Wednesday, July 22: Dr. Stool Says - Hemorrhoids - There are two types of hemorrhoids, internal and external. While both can bleed intermittently, the external variety accounts for the pain and irritation experienced by many. Most people with internal hemorrhoids do not know they have them unless they are seen on a colonoscopy.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home