Monday, July 20, 2009

Cranberry turkey medallions, silicon protection for oven mitts, and more

Went grocery shopping with Teresa, whom I found easy to talk to. (birthdays, fans, traffic, butterflies, family things, being accommodating, mice, affordable housing, mothers-in-law, dads, flowers, cards, Kamloops, fires, etc.) It took fifteen minutes to get to the store because of construction, which is definitely NOT normal! Good thing she wasn't a paid cab company, haha. She readily agreed to put mouse traps behind the couch for me, so that's good. I got perogies, cereal, Swiss cheese, cherries, one Smart Ones microwaveable meal (cranberry turkey medallions), bottled water, on-sale brown bread (cheese sticks were too much if they expire in two days), on-sale Long English Cucumber, green apple / vanilla yogurt from Island Farms, strawberry / kiwi / cereal Activia yogurt (got a better expiry date), and some organic raspberry lemonade.

Also got on-sale toilet paper, on-sale Pizza Pops (Deluxe and Hawaiian), on-sale red grapes, on-sale frozen fruit blend (strawberries / blackberries / diced peaches / blueberries), on-sale blue oven mitts with a silicon protective cover, tangerine-lime-mandarin sparkling water, tropical mango sparkling water (the store brand was cheaper than Koala which was on sale), soy milk, an on-sale Sunkist orange cream smoothie juice, Carl Buddig honey ham in a tub, Carl Buddig chicken in a tub, on-sale Simple Pleasures digestive biscuits for Corey (who thinks "digestive biscuit" sounds like a laxative for old people :P), on-sale Simple Pleasures tea biscuits / Dad's oatmeal cookies for the toddler Sunday School, and some other stuff. Noticed a buttery flavor spread called Earth Balance, which is what certain vegans have been raving about - it's SO EXPENSIVE, at $6.50 a large tub! Give me my usual margarine for $3 in a little tub, hahaha. Although I'm using the rest of Dallas' tub right now, I'm sure it's less expensive! At home, I threw some stuff away - whee! Now I'll try to get some more things done around here. I'm happy since I saved $24.18!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home