Thursday, May 07, 2009

I found the perfect shower gift this afternoon!

This afternoon, I went out to buy a replacement Mother's Day card / a parental anniversary card / a bridal shower card for Harmony / maybe a bridal shower gift / Pepsi Max / (black, red, and blue) Sharpies / (Trident Splash orange swirl) gum. All those objectives were ultimately achieved with trips to London Drugs (fruitless), Save-On Foods (they only had Chapman's in 4L containers!), Shoppers Drug Mart (while fielding NOISY people!), Spicy Chicken and Wonton House (for a bowl of Chinese mushroom and vegetable noodles in soup), Hallmark Cards / Carlton Cards (had nothing I wanted), McDonalds (I know, I know - for a hamburger and Sprite), and Coles. I decided to mail Mirage / Eat More / Big Turk (which was STICKY - I had to throw three away at McDonald's for this reason) / Aero / Mars Bars / a blank card to Corey, so also got a bubble-wrap envelope and tape to do that.

At Coles, I bought 1001 Ways to Be Romantic: Now Completely Revised and More Romantic Than Ever (Gregory Godek) and a "prayer" bookmark (for Harmony) and Uncle John's Certified Organic Bathroom Reader (Bathroom Readers' Institute) and a blue dragon bookmark which I had to have (for myself) - PERFECT! I don't want to know about how Jon and Harmony are ROMANTIC in certain aspects, but I thought the book might help anyhow. Besides, people know me for book gifts, AND Steph bought my shower gift for Melia last year anyway. When I called Steph to tell her about it, she said she could make it - a day off - and she seemed to approve of the choice! Also got Ben and Jerry's If I Had 1,000,000 Flavors (Barenaked Ladies) ice cream at Save-On: "a collision of chocolate and vanilla ice creams mixed with chocolate-covered toffee, white chocolate chunks, peanut butter cups, and chocolate-covered almonds" sounds good, even if it IS a dog's breakfast collective! ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home