Saturday, April 04, 2009

Dying is not a sin, kids! (but kicking someone in the butt IS...)

Henry picked me up with good timing, and we chatted for a bit about the beautiful day before we just listened to music. When we got to the parkade's elevator, I found myself pressing the button for the second floor again: yikes! Little Olivia L. waved to me, and showed me her necklace with a piece of stone on the end. She said she got it from her mom: very cool. Her cousin Ian M. showed me this rather bright yellow bandage, and said hi. They're so cute! Later, I asked both of them to do me a favor with birthday cards for Sophia and Gabriel: I referred to Sophia as Ian's aunt (which she is) - first time I've ever done that! Of course, they both gave them to Grandma (Auntie May) to hold later... I expected them to do that, haha. Shared chocolate with Auntie Vivian - the dark stuff is GOOD!

Apparently, I wasn't the only one not at Awana last week, so that was fine. For some reason, we had a LOT of extra money today for dues: I know there were a few people who wanted change for $20 bills, but having over $120 is very definitely NOT normal since everyone got change back! Asked Margaret if she knew who was getting baptized next week: her, Jessica, and Tina. Sounds good, so I'll prepare three of the cards for Easter! The kids had interesting ideas on what sin is, after Melia told them that it's anything BAD: "Is dying a sin? How about kicking someone in the butt?" (Jordan, Eric, and Matthew were trying to be dramatic / interrupt everything, as usual) Gladys' sister Olivia was there early, so we shared an amused laugh. I greeted Mike, Danny, and everyone else. I helped Julie and Ian L. with the Awana store, too. David was there to help, as well - sweet!

After Awana, Chris quizzed little Sean on various math questions: I agree that he's definitely getting smarter! He even knew what 50x10 was! (according to his dad John, funding will be REALLY cut once he turns six) Chris asked Sean what his dad's name was, and got no answer. Apparently, he gets anxious when asked to review something (Bible verses, in this case) every day. He's a cute kid, and even talked to me about things: "One yellow and two red [gummies... mango and cola]!" I asked Ada and John to drive me to the pub: it didn't help that we didn't know quite where it was, even with the map!

Ian and Sean kept playfighting in the back, and I learned to ignore most of it, haha. When we passed by the Sikh temple, Ian asked: "Are we even in Canada anymore? Wow! We're in Disneyland!" His dad told him that it was an Indian temple, heh. When we passed Ironwood, Ian kept exclaiming: "EWWW! This is Garbage Land!" Upon passing the old Fantasy World, Ian said: "That looks like a beach with garbage on it! I don't want to go there!" Good idea, kid... good idea. Then he wondered where we were going: "Where is she getting dropped off at?" Hahaha, a friend's birthday party! Sean said that he'd do something in 30 minutes, at 7:28... and also that tomorrow was Sunday, and that meant Sunday School.

Finally found the pub, and I was MOST appreciative of the ride there! Went in the LOUD pub and heard Vanessa shout my name - met a few of her work friends, and actually said more than two words to Kyle. Discussed Taylor Pyatt's girlfriend dying in a cab crash in Jamaica, nachos, various alcoholic drinks (I got a Guinness with my prime rib special), Teunis, Krista, Erik, the DUCK FART shot, moving, hockey, Naslund, Bertuzzi, darts at the Ladner legion, cheap beer prices at said legion, Cantonese, Hong Kong, jalapenos, doctors, smoking, the small condo, cheesecake, Victoria, ice fishing, Fort St. John, Regina cold, and more. The Canucks lost 5-3 to the Oilers, and nobody from our table won a 50-50 draw for $351. Vanessa's car dropped me off, which was fine with me!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home