Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cheese string can be captivating!

Steph picked me up this morning, and we talked about my similarities to Dad - meh, I guess it's inevitable. She's going to the grad tomorrow, and I'd kinda planned to go as well. For once, the discussion wasn't wedding-centred, and I could relax. We came in late, but said hi to Winnie / Megan with her cheese string / Connor in the parking lot. I noticed Helen with baby Cory in service after I passed birthday cards to Daniel for himself and Michelle: baby still doesn't sound well at all. (hence why I used a disinfectant in the toddler room later) After service, I talked to Helen and Cory for a bit, then gave Chrystal her birthday card. (I told Auntie Vivian why I wasn't there yesterday) Jeremy figured that nobody was in the fellowship hall since there wasn't any food, and everybody was outside anyhow - too true!

Tried asking Stanford when his birthday was, but he wasn't having any of it - I managed to give him Calla's birthday card, plus his own encouragement card. Calla is in the Interior now, working... that explains why I didn't see her! Talked to Andrea for a bit, giving her birthday cards for herself and Chuck. While I was trying to avoid someone later on, Chuck tapped me on the shoulder and thanked me. Talked to Raymond for a bit about Bible Study, where I got the poo facts (I need to show both him and Jeremy the POO CALENDAR), ducks not being scared as he took their picture at Van Dusen Gardens, Timothy kids, Facebook quizzes, Wordscraper, and more - always a good time. I need to get myself a real MEAT, haha. Also loaned Eric a negligible amount of money, heh. Spent a few minutes with baby Mattias, who stared at me a lot - I had to ask Mike whether he was scaring the baby again, haha. "No... he just gave me a high five a LOT of times - like, a high THIRTY!"

At Sunday School, I got a big surprise: Arthur was BACK! His dad mentioned that he'd been sick, and Auntie Fonda called him my sweetheart, haha. Or maybe she was telling Arthur that I was his sweetheart - kinda wrong... he did seem listless, though. He's normally quiet, but not totally devoid of energy! After Sunday School, I decided to go to Congee Noodle House with Eric / Jon / Christon / Jeremy / Johnny. Jeremy and Jon saw some CRU people there, so of course had to talk to Tim and Dilys! Had congee with preserved egg, noodles, rice, chicken, and black pepper beef - Eric showed his cultural savvy by putting white pepper in his congee, heh. Talked about renting, finance, Sunday Dinners, and more. On the way home, Eric and I talked about the usual random stuff, so that was good - I'll see them next week!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home