Friday, April 24, 2009

"Are your parents still alive?" - HAHAHA!

Sam picked me up at about 7:05, and after a quick confirmation phone call to Eric, we were on our way. We talked about school, exams (two on one day and back-to-back?!), going to church during family vacations (rare), going to eat in Richmond after Fellowship for once, and the bad experience I'd had with Billie at Fish on Rice recently. When we got to the church, the parking garage was closed. Mike did not prove helpful, so I suggested that Sam call Jon instead. Jon seemed surprised to see me in the car, because he raised an eyebrow. Hey man, it's easier to use Sam than to figure out the bus route to Nathan's! "So you used Sam to get to Vancouver, so you can use Eric from church to get to Nathan's?!" Sounds about right to me!

I took in some of the worship practice in the fellowship hall, and had to answer some of Teresa's weird questions when she came in. She asked what everyone's names were (Jonathan and Margaret were there), how long I'd known Eric, why Jeremy wasn't there, and other things. Later, Eric and I were amused by her correlations on the way to Nathan's. "So your sister must have learned self-defense... does she get a lot of money? Eric, you were driving for eleven years! Does it get boring? Leslie, are your parents still alive? [HUH?!] If your sister makes a lot of money, she must give it to your parents!" Very interesting ride, for sure!

Got to Nathan's and said hi to Johnny / Dylan / Deb / Nate. Ordered pizza (Eric later paid my portion since he still owed me money - that's all square now) and said hi to Vanessa and Cindy when they came in with grapes / carrots / raisin cookies. Of course, I liked Vanessa's shirt which Fidela had sent her - it was COOL! Played Apples to Apples, and it was plenty of fun! Some of the words and adjectives were pretty hilarious, haha. (meat cleavers can be deadly...) Talked briefly about a UGM service project and Lesley's school event next Friday, as well. Everyone left after 10:30, but I'm still at Nathan's because Eric wanted to play some NHL 2009 - not a problem, since of course I can still hang out online! I noticed his new computer keyboard from NCIX - a Saitek Eclipse, which can glow RED - very impressive! Discussed passwords and 24 as well - no illegal stuff here!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home