Thursday, March 12, 2009

I get to read about 200,000 martyrs!

High-scoring words of the night so far:

FEEING (331 points) - against Lee M. [two 5W, hook off TON to make TONG]
CHEF (125 points) - against Cheyanne R. [5W, 3L on H]
SCOUR (130 points) - against Jennifer G. [5W, 3W, hook off SWAG for a plural]

I hear the Keg has saved the fireworks - YAY!

I had to remind my mother that I was transit-dependent when she asked why I didn't come over to the townhouse earlier. *sigh* Besides, I had to do stuff for myself. Was surprised to see Jonathan there (the ugfart met him for the first time), so we talked about belated birthdays / piano tuning (maybe Mike knows how much his dad charges!) / good deals on pianos / the ug giving me The New Encyclopedia of Christian Martyrs since I seemed to like that stuff (Mark Waters) [over 200,000 martyrs drawn from over fifty countries!] / how I am on beer (had some at dinner) / my quirky wedding gift (when Jon was in his room) / middle names / gang shootings / Chinese radishes / special photos / interesting stories. Dinner was pretty good: Mom insisted on giving Jonathan some chicken and me some tomatoes when we left to go to church. I had to translate various things that Grandma said for Eric when he got there, and we told her and Mom that of COURSE he knew what "mom's mom" is in Chinese! He watched a couple of Steph's Facebook videos: both my parents confused Facebook and Youtube, but that's okay.

When we were getting ready to leave, my grandma tried to go with us - we told her to stay home since there wouldn't be enough room in the second car on the way home! Talked about Eric's work and other things on the way to church - at least I didn't make it TOO awkward for Eric, heh. Asked him if he got my email: he had, and made a joke about only reimbursing me for certain things. My sister had received a separate email from me, and approved. Got to church and was surprised to see Lee and Rosenda there - yay! Went into the sanctuary, and said hi to the people there: Steph asked if I remembered Sam, Eva and Ruth's brother. You bet, even though it's been years!

The talk was interesting: Ignatius isn't something I'd name my kid, and I'm not sure Loyola is either. But it's always interesting to learn more about prayer and things like that. Talked to a few people later: Jonathan has met some random crazy people, especially Nathan! Steph didn't want to hear Nate and Vanessa talk about JACK BAUER since she hasn't watched Monday's show yet (neither had Eric) - I told Vanessa that I had bought the canned fish for her, and she thanked me. Christon's back from Hong Kong - good to see him! There was some person sitting right behind me whose singing was way OFF, and I hope I never have to hear such a thing again!

On the way home, we talked about strikes, Kieran, skating, gas, money, the economy, the news on the tied-up guy that Eric saw, and Spring Break. We passed Blockbuster Video: Eric noted that we could now rent MILK, and joked about it. When I said bye to Eric, Mom asked if we still had Fellowship (I said "see you Friday") - yes... yes, we do. Spring Break doesn't affect it at all! At home, I saw a spider on my towel in the bathroom! YIKES! (I also saw an insect run across my desk!) Corey's telling me that he saw one in his bathroom yesterday, and saw an ant tonight - if you see one ant, you probably have more! (have learned the difference between baseboards and crown moldings, too)


Poo nugget for Thursday, Mar. 12: Doo You Know? - The Weekly Standard - Studies of healthy subjects have revealed a wide variation in stool frequency. The current accepted range for "normal" is from three bowel movements per day to three bowel movements per week. (I should show this to my mother!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home