Sunday, February 15, 2009

She has some awesome Engrish on her orange pants!

DAMMIT. THIS THING RESTARTED AGAIN.

Eric picked me up, and asked how my anti-Valentine's Day went. No, I did not massacre anyone, despite my status of "Leslie is anti-Valentine's Day. But she's pro-St. Valentine's Day Massacre! YAY!" - AIYA! He'd gone to the Keg with Nathan, Christon, and Jeremy: I remember the last time I was there in 2007, heh. Got to service late, so we sat together between little Nathan and Richie. The sermon touched on King Herod's violence, comparing him to Idi Amin / Charles Taylor / Robert Mugabe - I'm surprised Pastor John didn't bring up Pol Pot! Randal had a TOTALLY LAME announcement: "Change is coming! *describes where MONETARY change might be* If you have any change, drop it in the big box which Raymond will be holding - it's for the hamper families!" *rolleyes*

Speaking of Raymond, it's too bad I didn't get a chance to talk to him - I won't be going to the Osoyoos retreat next weekend because (as I explained to Johnny later) I am not a snow person! However, I did get a chance to talk to Jen and Karen about website design and stupid exes who don't understand that NO means NO. (in this case, "No, I don't want to talk to you!") Jen's ex Greg has tried talking to her, but she definitely needs her space; I told them about the whole Korey "CALL ME!" saga. If it's a bad breakup (as mine definitely was), you probably can't pretend everything is friendly! "Oh sure, we can talk on the phone / Facebook, and things will be FINE. Just add me back!" How about NO?! Men... *shakes head*

After that, I interacted with Keenan, whose brother Joshua wanted to play the drums. Nathan saw this later, and wanted to take a cute video. He told me that he didn't like cucumber slices, but his mom said he did - at least he apparently likes pizza now so Maxine says it's easier to have dinner now from a cooking perspective! Keenan kept on careening into us, so Calla figured that the kid thinks any legs are Mommy's - when Benjamin was that age (two years and two months), he was like that too since he didn't recognize people yet. I talked to Phil, Isabel (projects on Reading Break?!), Nathan, and Jeremy: Chris was back for Reading Break, yay! Nathan says they had to wait 45 minutes yesterday, since he didn't want to mess up his "Chinese time" with a reservation - I know how that is! Phil introduced his parents to Keenan with "I have parents, too!" and the poor kid looked VERY confused, haha! Thank goodness I saw little Hannah because then I could give her a Valentine's Day card!

Went upstairs to Sunday School after chatting with Eric for a bit, and gave each kid and Auntie Fonda a heart-shaped cookie from the day's refreshments. Auntie Fonda said she was jealous because little Arthur had a gift for me: hey, more chocolate is good! She prompted him with the gift: "Remember this? What are you going to do?" while I pretended like I didn't know what she was talking about - of course I thanked him! Now I need to buy felts (Auntie Fonda has some thin ones, but they all are running dry), a box for felts and pencil crayons, and a reciprocal non-candy / non-chocolate gift for Arthur this week. (like I reciprocated Rosanna's 2004 Christmas gift of Almond Roca with a teddy bear which was on sale!) It should be quite doable, especially since my Friday night is free. I don't care if I get reimbursed or not, since I let Auntie Fonda think I have some felts and boxes already, haha.

Saw some awesome Engrish (reproduced at the bottom of this entry) on Amanda's pants: luckily, her mom was late picking her up, so I sat Amanda down for the purposes of writing it down in my notebook. I'm sure Amanda was confused, but I simply told her that the pants were funny! Talked to Vivian, Karen, Christon, Calla, Johnny, Dylan, and Stanford about pranks, drywalling a kitchen shut, putting underwear in the freezer, putting crumpled paper in cars, nailing Spider-Man shoes to the ceiling, Tom Cruise movies, Osoyoos, Deb, gag gifts, seeing Steph at Tim Horton's (that is SO stereotypical!), and more. Unexpectedly saw Erin's cousin Jason, so discussed Ottawa, weddings, my siblings, Julie, South Edmonton, some conference called BREAK FORTH, and more - he's cool! Went to the old Green Village with my parents and grandma for lunch with Alan and Polly, which wasn't too bad. At least they didn't discuss kidney stones! (mostly Pastor Eunice's health, Jon's wedding, the Open House, the bazaar, Australia, my parents' August cruise, and more) Alan and Polly tried paying for us, but Mom convinced them to give her the bill instead - ah, fighting for the bill! Good times. :D


The Engrish on Amanda's pants:

(on one leg)
Red Apple
Elasnc in Suspenc
Aneesand
Erpsckets
Accessories Elastic
Base Double
NTS for Double We
And
In Susepnspforad
Or Added Work Ea
Kets
Ssories Red Apple
Enps Eor Added Wo


(on the other leg)
Gangtian
Dou
Wear Deere Pick
For Added Work
Fronts For Dou
Specia
Suspenps For
K
Erer Pockets Spe
Access

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home