Sunday, December 14, 2008

That is one awesome bottle of frozen water!

Went to chapel service this morning after breakfast, when it was -47 degrees out. One of the members' last names is PHO... hahaha, it amused me and my brother! It was interesting to be at an ecumenical service in two languages, and the choir did a good job - had an interesting dinner last night, where we heard many amusing stories from Steph and Citrus. Then we got into who Kid Koala was, joke replies to someone you're not interested in ("I'm not going, but my brother would LOVE to go!" "This is Uncle Alan speaking: WHO ARE YOU?!"), and an iPhone in-joke. Jon said he saw someone use their phone at a urinal... uh, that's gotta be at least a bit awkward! Vivian and Vanessa saw a guy start for the bathroom in Pearl Castle, then turn around and pick up his iPhone... he was using it all night to ignore being social, even with his girlfriend at the table! Yeah, I bet that's what certain people do who really truly do lack social skills!

Waited for pictures to be taken (all that red!), then had brunch at the mess hall. Met a few of Steph's fellow members, and learned that they all know about my proclivity for alcohol. Yeah... I refuse to be the cheap entertainment at tomorrow's formal dinner, thanks! After that, we went to a family workshop, then to the Heritage Museum. Very interesting, as it parallels Canada's history - lots of stories and things to explore! Now we're just crashing at the hotel till dinner. The five of us (minus parentals) might do something tonight if we have the car, heh. Tomorrow holds the grad ceremony, drill, stuff in the afternoon, and the formal dinner. Should be interesting... thank goodness it isn't as slippery as I thought it was going to be! (although I hear it snowed in Vancouver too...) Rumors are that we'll go to the Bushwakker pub for lunch on Tuesday, yay! (Vanessa and Vivian leave earlier, though) We left a bottle of water in the car after brunch, and it had turned to ice a few hours later! (the windows were totally frozen too!)

Jon and Harmony did invite me to their engagement party, which should be cool. Eric replied saying that he needed an alibi (it's being held at the Alibi Room), so I said that he shouldn't worry about one since he's an intelligent criminal! Not for real, but he WAS reading my copy of These Aren't My Pants!: The Dumbest and Dimmest from the Files of America's Dumbest Criminals in 2001 when he was over at my house for a get-together. In his guestbook entry for that time, he wrote "I am wearing my pants and I'm not a dumb criminal. I am an intelligent one. Just kidding." Hahaha... he probably doesn't remember that, but I do. :D


Edit: We're going for dinner at some other pub, and one of Steph's friends is coming along. Should be interesting times.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home