Sunday, November 23, 2008

We're attracted by the vending machines, Mommy!

Eric and Jon picked me up early this morning, and I was feeling the lack of sleep since I misheard more things than normal. We were kinda random, and Eric did reference his French thing as I mentioned Henry on Friday - and yes, it took an hour to get to Uncle Peter's house then! Never mind that he took the wrong turn then, and we went via Oak rather than Knight! I pointed out the bus going by us on Knight, and that caused them to point out everything for a block - crazy men in my life, indeed!

Got to church, and went in the hallway door of the school. Said hi to a bunch of people, and talked to Raymond about what he did yesterday - he says he'd like to see Jeremy's closet door being used as a table tonight, which will very likely happen. (17 YES replies, and some MAYBE, and 17 NO with some of those being of the "I'll come later!" variety) Too bad his finger's nor healed yet - darned bone / tendon bruises! At least it doesn't need surgery! Jeremy came by later, and we shared some amusement: "South Africa" is not "South America." (this in context of an apartheid discussion and transitions) Eric and I noticed an error in the Powerpoint (which Emily had to do at the last minute) - "are free" is two words, and not one!

Discussed tonight's doings with Jeremy later: beef stew, chicken a la king, and soup should be a good dinner! They were cooking up a storm last night - I could hear Christon when I called Jon to see about rides after I hung up on Eric rather abruptly, heh. As everyone was stopping to look at the babies (BABY ZONE!), my dad walked by and asked Grace when her turn would be - not for another couple of years, she says! Give them time to enjoy being married, hahaha.

Got Andrea to help with my keychain, told Eric that Megan's brother was Connor, said hi to Winnie, saw a sleeping baby Gavin for the first time (Lee says he sleeps all day and gets up in the middle of the night), said hi to Hannah so she wouldn't feel left out (lots of attention paid to her baby brother!), and said hi to baby Mattias and his mom Karen. Eric thinks he'll mispronounce the name as a joke, while I might do that for real! (it's NOT Ohlund, that's for sure...) Said hi to Anita and baby Allison, who isn't used to seeing people with hair on their faces - no wonder she looked concerned / confused when Eric made a face at her! She was looking at the buttons on Mike's coat, and doing the same with his sister Margaret. Andrea and I should really PLAN something, and perhaps we will tonight! (reminds me, I need to look at the hilarious Evite replies before I leave...)

I said hi to Emily T. and Lawrence, bantered with Lanie and Isabel about love being blind (Harmony will see quite a change, we joked), told Jon that his toque needed fixing, commiserated with her about serious lack of sleep because of Emily Carr, learned that Nathan was at Tenth Avenue, and listened to Dylan bemoan his lack of man friends! (Chuck and Stanford work out together, but he has NOBODY!) Calla said that Johnny came back all right, and Martin said his Europe trip was rushed... but at least it was good! Greeted Joshua, Keenan, and Maxine - their infections seem to be a bit better, but you can never tell! The boys were attracted by the vending machines - SO MUCH WATER AND JUICE! (there were also soft drinks, which I thought were banned...)

Finally saw Auntie Fonda, who says that there have been no students for the toddler class these past few weeks - oh good, so I can go back to my usual role of keeping an eye on them next week hopefully! Rachel will be back next week with her grandma, and Terence (Brandon's brother) apparently ran into a coffee table and required four stitches - OUCH! Eventually some of us went to Pho and discussed sugar daddies, basil, mint, various ways of preparing eggs, Robot Chicken, ways to be a jerk (say that the wrong egg got poached or scrambled!), braising vs. poaching, Sonny studying, hot tea, having squid ink as a chaser, Chilliwack, the lack of utensils and bowls for tonight (picnic set and Bring Your Own Bowl!), and other things. It was good having a meal with Jon, Jeremy, Tony, Christon, and Eric for sure! On the way home, Eric and I covered more weird topics like a television taking up space, blaming certain people for things, multiple Facebook accounts, accents, taxis, sleeping, drinking WATER, gin, and more.

Went home and let Eric look around for his SUPER MARIO WORLD game (which he found under the coffee table), and was going to let him look at the door too... maybe next time! Found a twitching mouse - I *knew* I heard squeaking yesterday! He picked up a coat that had been on the couch, and tidied the sleeping bag arrangement and pillow - it was just a bit nuts, heh. Then we watched the Homestar Runner Halloween specials for 2007 (Most in the Graveyard) and 2008 (Jibblies 2!). Found that Ron N. / Daniel B. / Rita I. / "Jason Jet." had added me for the blood games, which I no longer play! PEOPLE! Now I should get some sleep, heh.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home