Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Vivian's gift was THE BEST EVER!

Eric picked me and Billie up after 7:30, and after surviving a false alarm about Billie's cellphone, we made it to Ironwood. He asked if I'd done weird things today... you don't want to know! We advised Billie to slam / lock the car doors, heh. At Browns Social House, they didn't have enough room for us - Eric was resourceful and suggested Boston Pizza. Krista's friend Vanessa H. showed up with her and Teunis, and figured they didn't need our business since they didn't take reservations! We repaired to Boston Pizza instead, and I got Eric to give people a call / let them know of the venue change. Thank goodness I remembered Vivian and everyone else on the list which I forgot at home! (definitely grateful for FRIENDS!)

Jon managed to make it "on time" since Pastor John couldn't be at prayer meeting; Billie gave me a very nice bookmark with an Eleanor Roosevelt quote from her mom, Vanessa C. gave me some button-like shortbread cookies, Vivian S. gave me something in a blue bag which my sibs and I would appreciate, Christon and Jasmine apologized for not having any presents (but Jasmine had a card), and Nathan gave me a huge bag. Of course I hugged everyone! Harmony said HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me via phone, and Robin also had to say his birthday wishes via phone since he got confused as to what day it was! (it's not TUESDAY, haha!) Billie / Jen / Jasmine commiserated with me over stuff. Double celebration, indeed!

Talked about apple martinis, pizza, water, pasta, apple crisp, tough decisions, well-wishes, Tea Party, stupidity, Persian names (Billie is NOT Bangladesh!), how Billie was my "wife," Facebook, teaching, first-aid courses, replying to all birthday-related wall posts (Nate says I'm more thoughtful than he is: no blanket thank-yous for ME!), BBQ things, Christon dropping pizza on the floor, cleaning the church, Citrus, and more. Since Viv had to leave early, I decided to open her gift after most of us had eaten. I opened it, and laughed A LOT! It was What's Your Poo Telling You?: 2009 Daily Calendar. [Josh Richman and Anish Sheth, M.D.]

Of course I won't tell my mother about it, otherwise Vivian might go down a few spots in her estimation! Jasmine said I should post things from there into my journal - YOU BET! (got Vanessa to take a picture later - of COURSE she can show Steph!) Danielle, Citrus, and Vanessa got me a $30 Chapters gift card... Nathan got me Me v. Everybody: Absurd Contracts for an Absurd World [Dahlia Lithwick and Brandt Goldstein] and Cruel and Unusual Idiots: Chronicles of Meanness and Stupidity [Leland Gregory], while Billie got me Women Know Everything!: 3,241 Quips, Quotes, and Brilliant Remarks. [Karen Weekes] It was a good time out, for sure! (discussed David, Christine, Jeremy, Jesse, Steph coming home, Citrus, relationships, the Booty Logo / Booty Burgers / A-1 steak sauce / Simply Crap / Tutti-O Frutti-O Booty-O, and more!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home