Friday, August 15, 2008

Missions in Hong Kong and urban Vancouver...

High-scoring words of the night so far:

CHASE (84 points) - against Pat K. [4W, plus a hook off ROMPER]
HAST (64 points) - against Raymond [4W, plus an S hook off MURAL]
TAX (80 points) - against Michelle C. [2W and 4W]
LOOSER (272 points) - against Michael M. [2W, and two 4W, plus hooks off METEOR]


Eric called me with weird accents - just what I needed! Just before I left, I fielded a message from Chinese Eric: I told him that I loved him, but I had to go to Fellowship. That time difference can really do something to ya brain! I was kinda wired for some reason for almost the entire ride to church; I told Eric that I hadn't had any beer OR coffee, which he thought was a rare event. Cheh! We talked about phone calls, expense, plans, "fake text messages" (Korey and love), stealing phones, Kamloops, joking around, PINKY AND THE BRAIN, being crazy / random / insane, yelling at people, gas prices, looking things up online, perfect English in text messages, menus, area code changes (which I forgot about), giving notice, rats, and more. The text he showed me looked okay, and I thanked him for telling me certain information - it would never have got to me otherwise, I am sure!

Spotted Jen and Dawn at church, so sat next to them while leaving Eric alone. Noticed somebody with a girl, but decided to leave it alone. Waved hi to Deb and Dylan, welcomed Dianne back from India, discussed GEEZ and Duthie's, told Jon to forward me Ben's email, and enjoyed the sharing with Jon's amusing MC patter. (no camel slides for Nathan, who DID defend his thesis successfully!) Cordia included a funny video from Julie, Emily was changed, and the Vancouver team had fun at Urban Promise. Joey said that the naughtiest Awana kids were there - I bet Jordan was the one who called him ugly, heh.

The Hong Kong team also had a funny video, featuring them as silly "SUPER FRUIT GEEKS!" We had to laugh when we saw Chung's "superpower" - mashing mangoes with his bottom?! Sam's wasn't much better: juicing durian with ears, oh my! The Vancouver team had fun, too... Raymond bought $186 worth of stuff from the dollar store to prepare for arts and crafts, Jon discovered that he did like kids despite not serving in Awana, and Cindy could see some of those kids in her classroom in September! Sounded like good times, even if Hong Kong was VERY sweltering!

Talked to Teresa L. for a bit afterwards, before White Man said we had to go since Jon works at 6:30 AM tomorrow morning at the PNE. She asked whether I'd seen David S. again (I explained how we'd met and reconnected), called the Sunday Dinners "fellowship for the Daniel people," asked whether "diseases were bad" (prompted by my explanation of where David S. is), and mentioned that her parents were too dependent on her - oh my. I saw Jocelyn, so talked to her for a bit - she's on Facebook, which is cool. Kevin, Jon, and Andrea were talking to her too, if they could hear her over Darren / Cordia (who opened my red bag) / Quan / Julie!

Listened to an interesting phone conversation on the way home, and Eric told Harmony that Jon needed to sleep - so much the opposite of usual! (Jon even hurried Eric out of the church, haha) There was a skunk / pot smell around the area! I asked Jon where Jeremy was lately (maybe in Dallas already?), accidentally using bad grammar - NO "AT" IS NEEDED! Apparently, he told Eric earlier this week that work was pretty crazy: banking 45 HOURS of overtime in a week while working every day?! No wonder he can't do worship practice! I was NOT wired on the trip home, so Eric tried the usual jokes with no effect. We discussed the curious paradox of simultaneous thirstiness / wanting to pee - bladder water is NOT hydrating! Told Harmony to go look at BUDGET CHICKEN and THE REAL CAMEL, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home