Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grad Banquet 2008

Grad banquet was fun! Met Eric at the usual place, and had the usual ride into Vancouver. Got into Trocadero's, and said hi to various people - it was good to see Adam, since I haven't really seen him all summer! Found a free seat across from Tony / Raymond and by Lanie / Johnny - my brother showed up later, and announced: "Johnny, you should be honored... I'm gracing you with my presence!" Tony told him to wait till Jon chest-chops him... I agree that it would be a barometer! Of course, Tony's the only one who can give it right back as good as he got! We were discussing how Tony can eat a lot, and I mentioned that I had pictures: "You do?! Oh, great." That's true, and I'll give the link to Raymond and Johnny... the 35-steamer night was INSANE, dude! (speaking of forwarding stuff, I should send Steph's emails to Eric!)

Tony said that his brother was at home, having been at nearby libraries all day... since Sonny needs to master English, Chinese books are NOT allowed! Perhaps his English will improve to the point where he can roast his brother in a couple of years, heh. Raymond thanked me for the gold medal flower, asked what a clock pot was (a ZANY option which I prefer!), said he preferred Facebook's new interface (it's fine by me), and mentioned that his friend had sent him a ham and egg on Facebook - reminds me of the time I sent Danielle an "adorable" breakfast egg on there! I told him about the mondo Wordscraper play - damn right it's a good thing it wasn't against him! (544 points is bad enough, but 2816?!) Tony demolished the Greek salad and the bread, Raymond poured me some water left-handed (he's IN!), and I listened to some random conversations. Jon told Nathan to explain the weird Dragon Ball combo he'd had yesterday: Ovaltine and watermelon?! Andrea's reaction was terrific! (".... oh." with a VERY dubious expression!) Calla, Tony, and I wanted to know what it was like, so Nathan said it was like a party in your mouth to which nobody was invited! That sounds like Nathan being random, all right!

Jon then joked that Johnny should spice up his romantic life by going to Bountiful; it's the Mormon polygamist community in northern BC. "These three girls [Calla, Grace, Andrea] aren't available, and my sister's taken... maybe if you add up the other girls here, it'll be 42!" At that point, various inquiring minds wanted to know what he was talking about: the answer we got was that WE DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW about Johnny's romantic relationships! But when Jon said something about a hypothetical reaction to Johnny's changing his middle name to Warren, I clued in and told Tony / Raymond. That was a rather interesting diversion, haha. Tony talked to Adam and Andrew, asking them who they were so he didn't mix them up - he also talked to Lawrence for a bit. I liked the disclaimer Eric did for Nathan: "He has to defend his thesis tomorrow. If he doesn't succeed, we'll forward copies of this video to all future employers and important people. No pressure, bud!"

The roasts were HILARIOUS! Mike and Emily donned wig and balloons to simulate Melia and Angus, Mary had a cute video for Lanie featuring Joey with NO STYLE, Eric and Christon had a great video for Nathan (BATMAN!), Nathan had a sequel to the Citrus Lemon Episodes for Christon (extra online footage coming in a few weeks), and various others had funny things to say! While listening to Karen's roast for Sheena, I recall thinking that THIS is why Dylan declared a moratorium on her doing any kind of speech for Fellowship functions. It was a heartfelt speech, but it was a little LONG! (it was done in her normal flowery prose style, covering Sheena's birth / hypothetical names / life till geography and passion PLUS a meeting in the ladies' washroom at church!) Ivan thought the guys could do videos professionally - maybe, but we also didn't know Vanessa could rap like she did for Fidela! (Mike K. had to provide a backing beat) Andrew roasted his twin, which was funny: "Yo, yo, yo!" (he likes hip-hop, while Adam doesn't!) "How long will it take to roast a 200-pound beast? [he really weighs 130] Throughout the years, Adam has changed both positively AND negatively! [cue a cringe from Adam while everyone else laughs] If you EVER need advice on how to hook up with the ladies, I'll be there for you!" Classic lines!

I made the mistake of reminding Hien that her turn would come soon; she just put her head on the table and moaned. Then Margaret said that they better not get Stanley to do it: cue more of the same behavior! When I told my brother about it later, he said that Stanley and Hien had a very interesting relationship: sure, especially when he's affirming on Facebook that she fails at life and is a bad child! Talked to Sheena's mom: no, Steph's not here! Discussed the PNE and other things with Auntie Tracy and Auntie Susan: busing, ahoy! I got Eric to explain "The cake is a lie!" to Lawrence and Tony - they thought it was from WOW, but it's really from PORTAL. Got pictures with Chalaine and Adam, and told Jon that we had to go since Eric was getting tired - his stomach didn't help matters, either! (then talked about Korey's surgery on the way home)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home