Sunday, August 10, 2008

You want to replace Tasers with NAIL GUNS?! / 1448 to 252!

Bingos of the day so far:

URBANITE (74 points) - against Russ W.
CANNOLI (90 points) - against Colin W.


High-scoring words of the day so far:

HASTE (128 points) - against Angela V. [two 4W]
BALSA (116 points) - against Maureen M. [two 2W, 4W]
CARSE (224 points) - against Pat K. [two 4W, 2W]
AXONE (448 points) - against Russ W. [4W, 2W]

I won against Michelle C. - 1448 to 252, baby!


When I got to church today, I spied Andrew in the back pew - I talked to him for a bit about summer school, sleeping in, Awana, volunteering, Jon getting married next June, Harmony, and "quick" engagements. Let's just say that if he thought Jon and Harmony got engaged quickly (within 22 months of dating), Erin and Ben got engaged even faster! As I recall, Ben was pretty serious about her from the first - they just got engaged on 8/8/8, and they've been going out for maybe a year tops. (I'll bug Jon about forwarding me the picture-filled email that Ben sent out, haha) Must congratulate them both! Everyone's getting engaged / married around me... but hey, I'll be cheerful about it. :D (Jon mentioned the Russia / Georgia conflict - I wouldn't be surprised if some idiots think that means the US state!)

Sat next to Harmony and Cindy (which I'd have done WITHOUT my mom's prompting, thanks! :P), and said hi to Wesley - it was good to see him! He asked how Steph was doing - maybe Chris can forward her emails to him, but it does seem like she's having fun too! Made a note to jokingly castigate Eric, which I did after service: yes, I do sleep early sometimes! Harmony told us that Holly's wedding got underway about an hour late in Langley, but things were fine now. I bet Peter and Holly need a fairly long honeymoon in order to de-stress! (packing and moving are a lot of work, never mind the actual planning!) We all admired the Swarovski crystal crosses, the purchase of which will go to furniture and other things in the new church building. (Lesley can't pronounce the word, heh)

Said hi to Lily, Hannah, Frances, Micah, Helen, and Abigail after service: Abby has cute stuffed animals! (she cried recently when I was around her in the back lot - yikes!) Joshua and Keenan were collecting rocks: their mom's explanation of "I'm a boy!" seems as good as any, haha. (but the ambient smell of the garbage bin is NOT the best thing ever!) We met Chuck's cousin Ben, and I remembered meeting Andrea's friend Jay last year when he was here. Jon said he didn't remember: "She has a much better memory than I do these days, so if she says we met you last year, then it's probably true!" We were amused at their "mindmap" (circles branching out into other circles and options) of things to do while they were in town: La Casa Gelato, Trocadero's, Fellowship, Sunday School (added and checked off by Jon), Grouse Grind, Pho, and other things. Jon doesn't have that kind of memory aid when HE goes to Toronto: it's just "Where's Pho? Where's beer? Where are the people?!" Hahaha!

Some of us figured that it would be really dumb if we used Google Maps to pinpoint the location of Trocadero's for the grad banquet tomorrow, haha. "Where is it again? Oh yeah, it's just across the street! DUH!" Hahaha. Pastor John said Hong Kong was interesting, but HUMID - says he'll never complain about the "hot" weather here again! Talked to Danny and Sabrina about the beach - handstands don't seem like TERRIBLE entertainment at the beach, heh. I greeted Eric with "Yo, bonehead!" after Sunday School, and he asked me whether I'd spoiled any kids today - nope, but Auntie Fonda did with microwave popcorn! He thinks that I could have spoiled them before he saw me, but that's not true... I even asked Natalie if I'd spoiled her today, and she said no! Then he joked that I was being bad - make up your mind, dude! Hahaha.

Henry and Benedict have interesting ideas about Tasers being replaced with nail guns to the crotch - yeah, they can take that up with my sister when she gets back! (but she won't be able to do anything!) They discussed Costco, Superstore, dry ribs, wings, lemon, salmon, oil, pan-searing stuff, and FOOD in general! Asked Karen about her baby - it's starting to kick, but it's still okay. Told Andrea, Stanley, and Andrew that I'd see them tomorrow at the grad banquet. (the Daniel contingent was at camp - Jon liked Jeremy's attitude about Sam getting back this afternoon: "I don't know when he gets back, and I don't want to know!") Went to Mui's for lunch with Erin's parents - Jason sustained an injury, and Derek's lung is acting up; yikes! Got home and fielded a phone call from the WHITE man - things are fine on this end. Might accompany Grandma this week to do something, as well as get two new shirts - Winnie the Pooh sounds cool! (found out that Tilia's baby girl is named Bryony - hmm...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home