Monday, January 14, 2008

Apple pie on top of apple pie? Man!

Why am I up at 4 AM?! Oh right... I remember now. :P


Overheard at Western - Ray apparently spent two hours reading it last week! It's a collection of funny things overheard at a certain university that Ray likes to make fun of. So amusing, haha. I read some of the excerpts over Nathan's shoulder, and figured that I'd also read the comments while I browsed the site at home. Here's to hours of endless amusement! Hahaha. ("if she can't speak English, she can't be a BLEEP!")

At dinner, we were all too stuffed from rice and chicken / roasted root vegetables / grain salad to even attempt eating the dessert of a weighty dense fruitcake and apple pie from Uprising Breads. Tony called Jon for directions, and apparently was VERY skilled at jaywalking across Kingsway / Main. Ray almost forgot that Tony was from Hong Kong, so of COURSE he'd be very good at it! When Tony revealed that he'd brought a HUGE apple pie from Safeway in a rain-soaked plastic bag, we all laughed! There were also some Ferrero Rocher chocolates from last week that Ray had bought, but forgotten about. I didn't want one, surprisingly enough - I was busy reading Jon's LEADERSHIP magazine! (interesting articles about autism, dealing with addictions, etc.) Smiled at Jeremy flopping down on the couch in his apron - I guess he was pretty tired! At least now I feel comfortable lying down on the floor / couch when I'm there - it's always a good comfy time, for sure. Jon H. came by later to chill for a bit, and confirmed the stoned waiter at the Naam.

Nathan was busy with his applications to various programs, which were due one day sooner than he'd originally thought. He told us about certain surprising stats at Trinity - 90% of men masturbate, and 35% of people have had premarital sex?! Probably the first one is something most men do... but Nate is probably right that the guilt factor is much higher when it comes to the second. Poked my head in Ray's room for a bit later, and he said that certain people hadn't eaten their share of chicken last week - that would have been me and Isabel, I told him. "Isabel or Isabella?" he asked - ah yes, he'd had trouble with that a while back too. Ray discussed weed, being drunk, playing a game while buzzed, Peggy, and some other stuff. He is definitely an interesting person!

We all laughed when Nathan pronounced "apricots" the Torontonian way, so Nate said that he'd have to rock back and forth and say it the right way to himself for fifteen minutes a day. After a certain amount of time, it would be HABIT even if he now associated rocking with the word "apricots"! I can SO see him in fifty years as an old man doing that, I joked. (long A instead of a short A!) Ray said that he'd have to get Janette to make cookies for him, haha. Nathan drove me and Jon to 41st / Granville - the lights were against us while we were trying to catch a 98! Listened to Jon talking to Harmony for the bus ride into Richmond, where we didn't feel like running in the intense rain once more in order to catch a late 407. Got home at 10:30, which I guess is reasonable - the bus wasn't too bad, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home