Sunday, January 06, 2008

A WaaZuBee lunch can be pretty good!

When I got to church, I talked to Dianne / Calla / Raymond about the holidays. Said hi to Auntie Cathy, Josiah, and Noah - I may have impressed Josiah by asking about his hockey tournament last week, and Noah (trying to lick his elbow last week at lunch?!) was quiet - it's okay! I have hit my limit for social interaction, but will do it for good friends who are going away soon! Many dinners, get-togethers, and more are the staple of the holidays! Started looking at Proverbs, which I think will be interesting. Asked Eric if he were going to the Sunday Dinner, and he joked that he wouldn't be driving me since he didn't like me anymore - FINE THEN! I went downstairs and talked to Karen Chan for a bit, and waved hi to Tim / Maxine / Joshua / Keenan. The babies are SO CUTE!

Discovered that Auntie Tracy and Auntie Fonda are the toddler teachers again; that's so cool, and I gave Auntie Fonda a big hug at her request. She thought I couldn't ever be contacted on MSN since I'm usually "away" or "busy," but I told her to try anyhow - she will, yay! Terence and Brandon liked playing with a car whose wheels make screeching noises against the table - "farting," indeed! After Sunday School and saying hi to Fonda's husband Kevin, I gave Priscilla and Samantha some candy since Joanna (nine now?!) didn't want any. I tried looking for Rich, but he wasn't around - next time! Talked to Ada about Saturday's ride arrangements - Frances' baby shower, ahoy! Her younger son wanted to exit out the back door since he knew it was a way out - not yet, and not without your grandma or family! His older brother Ian said that a tree on his folder was a folder - okay, then! Went upstairs and talked to Martin briefly about how Easter should be party / reflection time more so than Christmas, and encouraged Mom to reply to K's email. I knew she was around church people, so would likely be "nicer" - then again, that HAS backfired at least once last May (just prior to our San Diego to Vancouver cruise) when she yelled at me in front of ten people. Eric could definitely tell that I was upset on THAT ride home!

Told Eric to give me a call, which he said he would. Outside, I most likely annoyed Citrus by playfully pinching his cheek and calling him "SUCH a cute little boy!" He gave me one of his patented eyerolls, and said he was going now - to be fair, I was imitating Steph and Danielle being silly in a similar way. :D Before he left, we all hugged him goodbye - when Danielle hugged him, Steph teased "GET A ROOM! Or not..." Sam presented us with a half-eaten agar bar (from Daiso) in a Ziploc bag, which Stanley / Steph / I had to try. Yes, it tasted kinda gross, but it was quasi-interesting. We saw Eunice, who was on her way to meet Eddie - she looks different, and we all hugged her too! Said hi to Tony, who REALLY hates the holidays (Walmart in 2006 / security in 2007) - now, school is here. Yay... I talked to Julie and Isabel about how to get to Jeremy's tonight, and everyone hugged Vivian goodbye! (must check her Xanga more often... although China DOES have strict Internet restrictions, like Dawn found out for herself!)

Went to WaaZuBee for lunch with Cindy, Steph, Vanessa, and Danielle - too much good stuff on Commercial, for sure! Talked about Rich's new look, tubing, skiing, Danielle's parents doing data entry, Chrystal's job, Emily's "grown-up" job, INITIATE website, research, and their busy schedules. The girls also discussed tests, teaching, Melia getting married, Winnie, email addresses, half-marathons, running for DISTANCE, Megan / Fidela, breastfeeding, readiness for marriage / motherhood, Citrus and Danielle / Mike and Emily possibly getting married in the future, interviews, how everyone didn't like Citrus much when he was a kid (the cadets played a big part in maturing him!), Wayland and closure, catching up and hanging out for four hours over coffee, Dylan, Vivian, Trocadero's, bluntness, and skating. Someone mentioned seeing Ryan Loo at the church carnival a while back, so we told Danielle who his parents were, and described them. We discussed phone calls to verify info, book clubs, exactly how long we'd known each other (hard to say!), remembering events at which you weren't present, Korey, being ready for marriage / babies, Citrus interacting with little imaginative Megan (castles / princesses / monsters!), applications, guidance, Joshua (who likes "big Hannah" - the pastor's daughter) being cute and hugging Keenan, etc.

We were all surprised when Cindy mentioned that her brother Tony's going to get married soon! "They're practically common-law, sort of... and her parents think every month except July and August are ghost months since they're Buddhist! But Dianne's going away in June... they'll have to get married then, and have a big dinner later! Sarah has NO idea about wedding planning..." She advised me to pack lots of books for the Powell River trip - that I shall, since I can be a fast reader sometimes! (or I'll go with the tried and true OUTLANDER series!) The salmon was good, and the girls made fun of Mike T. because he's continually asked about yam fries the last time they were there for Emily's birthday. It was a good lunch; we discussed snowstorms, Rick (who'd been studying at Regent - but was in a coma for a month from the accident with a fair amount of brain damage) / Wai-Mui (SO busy at church and also with taking care of her family - SO STRONG A WOMAN!) / Hannah / Priscilla / accidents (P came out FINE from the 1999 accident, even if she had to be delivered early [Christmas Eve] since W-M was heavily pregnant and only came out with a bruise), new pews, leaks, TMI, blood, Korey, Nathan's usual route, and more on the way home. Man, I need a bit of a nap before Eric calls to pick me up...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home