Saturday, July 07, 2007

You don't want to know about maxipad waste, dude...

Eric picked me up early tonight, telling me that I was always online and never idle on MSN - even when I was taking a nap?! ("stop pretending you're not there," indeed!) I told him that I'd fixed that, and we discussed his trip to Kamloops to see Korey settled in. After that, he remarked on the noises I was making - those aren't belches, dude! Also, he blamed me for the bad traffic - NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY! Team 1040 was having technical difficulties, so we couldn't really listen to the BC Lions coverage of their first home opener game! He wanted subs, but forgot about that until we were almost at the church, so it was cash for lemongrass chicken at Pho instead! When I walked into the restaurant, Andrea invited me to join her / Jen / Karen. No problem there! We talked about Winnie's bridal shower and the hilarious maxipad fashion video, our weeks, Korey, exciting stuff in life, Resonate, and how online communication can get easily mixed up. Even accidentally including mushy stuff can have its pitfalls in real life! Oh well, it was an interesting discussion! We all said bye to Cindy when she left with a friend, and Karen and Jen left soon after for church and the 7-11.

Chuck arrived later, so we talked about his place and the mosquito problems in Andrea's bedroom. Andrea had brought some sushi from lunch, so I mostly finished that along with my #36 - vermicelli with beef is pretty good with the cold tea that the Pho place has during the hot summer! It's good to have friends to confide in and share good times with! At 7:50, we left and bumped into Eric and Karen looking for us from church. I gave Eric his dinner and change, and sat next to Jeremy when I got to the basement. At Bible Study, we laughed ourselves silly over some REALLY repetitive passage in Numbers about sacrificing bulls / goats / lambs / rams. I was assigned to read it, but I only got through five or six verses (of 23) before I couldn't continue since we were cracking up. Repetition meant something different in the Old Testament language than it does to us, but it was still funny. There was a passage in Zechariah about rotting bones, which Jeremy found morbidly hilarious. Andrea brought up the time when Dylan couldn't shut us up for at least 5-10 minutes because we were busy laughing over stoning evildoers / strong drink. Then someone noticed that the apparent author of the study guide kept quoting himself at the end of each chapter: Jen, Jeremy, and I were laughing pretty hard trying to come up with hypotheses. ("John MacArthur has a dynasty of little ones named with that name! Senior, Junior, 10 grandkids!") We found out that he was the editor, but it was still funny! HAHAHAHA, good times!

After Bible Study, Jeremy and I talked about our weeks - he's behind, but will catch up later. Then Chuck wondered about certain types of beer, so they talked about that for a while. I actually saw Randal, whom I had thought wasn't there today. Eric was talking to him, but I went up to them and said that I'd forgotten to get him something. (happy face stickers if I can find them?) He said I didn't have to get him stuff, but he definitely appreciated the history eyewitness accounts book I'd gotten him for his birthday. Says he stayed up till midnight or so once reading stuff in it - aww, that's so cool! Then he tried to decipher the Engrish on my T-shirt (NIGHT MARKET!), but gave up. Jeremy's cell phone had a turtle thing on it - longevity for the phone at four years and counting, baby! Andrea and Steph started discussing Facebook, and Jeremy and I were left out of that conversation since we're not on it. I told him that various people keep trying to get me to sign up for it, but I haven't yet! He says we should invent a site that doesn't have faces (or at least has blurred-out ones) or books - HAHAHA.

Went upstairs to see the Resonate people - Daniel kept telling Chris to GO because he had work! Citrus remarked that he had to work tomorrow, but Daniel said that Chris had to work at 11, and it was now 10:30. I asked whether he were serious, and he was - Chris practically ran out the door and leaped down the stairs, with Joey yelling at him to drive safely. Then Jon came in from somewhere, which made Joey remark that he was back already. I asked him where my brother had gone - to dinner at a professor's house? NICE! Steph gave muffins to someone, and we were off pretty soon after discussing a Coquitlam barbecue at Michelle's parents' place tomorrow. We took five minutes to get out of the parking lot because there was an unknown car blocking Eric - Danielle, Mike, Jon, and Cordia were our audience while Citrus was in his car behind Mike's to the right of us. Everyone kept giving Eric directions and we finally were out of there after a bit. Darren had told Steph that Jon gave a bunch of people guitar lessons, and she wondered how it was going: "He teaches us when he's not on the phone with Harmony! Whenever THAT is..." Haha.

After talking about the weddings tomorrow and Timothy camp next week, the discussion in the car turned to redrum. My sister and I were clapping about our being in sync again, even though we don't live together. My brother surmised about the number of maxipads we each threw out - you don't want to know! Eric was just trying to drive without being too horrified since he doesn't have any sisters! Jon told Harmony about what we were discussing, which just added to the laughs.. he doesn't mind it when we discuss such things in front of him. Then there was the discussion about our family thing of slapping each other's legs when we wore shorts - Steph had slapped Joey's legs today and warned him that he shouldn't wear short shorts in Mexico at the end of the month or else! Apparently, the men there are macho and short shorts will cause them to beat their wives or something - that's why Steph had to buy red basketball shorts from the BOYS SECTION last year for that missions trip. No skin for YOU while building a house and having some craft time with the kiddies there - especially tank tops! Of course, Jon told Harmony about this too. We bugged him about sitting on her during a TV party, since she's fragile and skinny! Good times, with many laughs. (then my sibs started yelling embarrassing love declarations out their open windows.... never stops around here!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home