Sunday, July 01, 2007

OUCH... I got owned by someone who's almost six years old!

Happy Canada Day! 140 years old!

(I almost typed "days"... I need more sleep :P)


I got almost no sleep last night since I went to bed at 1:30 AM and woke up at 2:20, 3:01, 3:32, 4:10, 5:20, 6:06, 6:24, and 7:57. Ugh. Eric and Korey picked me up for church really late since they were trying to pack all of Korey's stuff in the Accord. No worries, since my phone was actually on and they called when they were finally on their way! We sat in the very back row (not the "babies and parents" pew), and Eric figured that we should be good enough to not draw attention to ourselves! It would just look weird if they dropped me off at church and continued to Kamloops, haha. Jon was a Communion server for the first time, I believe. I was distracted by Olivia, Ian, and Nicholas - Korey noticed this, and said that they were amusing. Hey, the little kids keep making noise! (Olivia: "SHOES!" Ian and Nicholas: random unhappy noises and crying)

After that, Korey and I made our way to the back parking lot: I am not a speed demon, and he should know it! However, I guess I should learn to slow down! Flagged down my sister to get her to take a digicam picture of me, Korey, and Nathan with his Sinutab box: Korey put an arm around me for the photo, which I thought was sweet. Much better picture quality than what you'd get with a cellphone camera, for sure! Talked about allergies, and told her to send me the picture later - Melissa's family gave her the digicam recently, and gave me a notepad / envelopes / Bath and Body Works Wild Honeysuckle moisturizing soap. How nice of Auntie Yeu Tin... I'll email her after I finish this entry. Korey left when Eric brought the car around to where we were, and people said bye. Talked to Tony, Jeremy, Jon, Steph, Cindy, Dallas, Julie, Sarah, Calla, her university roommate Camilla, and others about the jazz festival / teaching themselves at Sunday School / Wal-Mart "holiday pay" (time and a half instead of double?) / the Roundhouse at Yaletown / hanging out with Megan to give her moral support on her birthday. (AKA the day after her ex's wedding :P) Dallas asked if I were going with them to the jazz festival, but I declined since my sleep pattern has gone all haywire in the last few days! CHEH!

The toddler Sunday School was pretty lively, and little Sean didn't care if I took his hand (with crayon in it) and made him draw / color stuff. Others were easily amused and blabbed in English during the class. After that, I gave Sean's brother Ian his birthday present of a Happy Meal toy / card / teddy bear / caramel lollipop - he had to correct me when I thought July 4 was Tuesday. OUCH... I got owned by someone who's almost six years old! (I then told him that my brain wasn't all there today... partly true, since I was distracted by other thoughts!) Talked to William and Hien about the reception food yesterday, refilled my water bottle in the kitchen, and went upstairs to say hi to Mike / Danielle / J-Mak / Cordia. Danielle and I commiserated about boring family meals where you didn't understand the conversation and didn't have any outs - it'll be rude to read a book at table! It would be easier if we were all back in high school or thereabouts: "Mom, I need to go STUDY and meet with my project group in 30 minutes! Let's GO!" It's not like we're all about leaving as soon as we're done with our meal, but staying to listen to endless chatter is NOT cool, haha.

After a 90-minute lunch at Mui's with Vernon's parents (boring Cantonese chatter :P), Mom and Dad finally drove me home after dropping them back off at church. Can't believe we left at 3, although Pastor Fulton seemed amused at the toilet paper / Kleenex store next to Louis Garden when I pointed it out to him! My family's going to a crab restaurant behind Yaohan for dinner with Vania's and Juliana's families. I heard about this from Auntie Tracy after Sunday School, and Mom confirmed it at lunch. Might hang out with Teunis later in the week as well, to talk about strange stuff. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home