Saturday, April 14, 2007

These subs are NOT booze!

Bleh! We lost 2-0 to Dallas tonight! A goal by Jeff Halpern 24 seconds into the first (on the first shot by the Stars, no less) didn't help. It was a new dubious club record which eclipsed Mark Messier's goal 33 seconds into a playoff period when he was with the Edmonton Oilers in 1986! Then there was an identical goal 45 seconds into the second period.... SO BAD!

Hey, I still have these nougats that little Rachel's grandma gave me for Chinese New Year! Between that, some stuff my mom gives me almost every week, and Randal's surprise present of Jelly Belly jellybeans from his trip (which were made much of on the car ride home)... I think I have a lot of snacks and such! I still have some Mexican bubblegum lollipops and chocolate eggs: I really CAN be the Candy / Gum / Sticker Lady, as Eric dubbed me a few years back when he thought I'd kidnap the kids (especially David) and spoil them! Sweet! (sure, sure.. it's a pun.. don't kill me for that one :P)

I was a little late this afternoon, but it was good timing as Eric pulled into the parking lot just as I got there. We went to Chicago Subs, where we got the exact same thing: I had no decision-making skills, so chicken souvlaki on brown bread seemed just fine to me! In the car, I put them in a brown paper bag: Eric wondered why I was putting them in the garbage bag, but there wasn't really any other place for the food! (I looked in there when he picked me up since he looked in my bag on Sunday - "sorry to disappoint you," indeed!) Then he got to grouse about the traffic since there were so many people going into Vancouver at the same time we did! I tried to keep the ride balanced with some craziness, although I'm not sure he appreciated it. Then I guessed that his lines were from HALF-LIFE 2, which surprised him. It wasn't what he was watching, and it's not what he's playing... although he did play it some time ago! It didn't sound like a WORLD OF WARCRAFT thing, and maybe the "it's a good time for procreation" line was still stuck in my head from ages ago!

Got to church after talking about screaming and yelling and my hat. When I appeared in the basement with the two subs, a few people in the Daniel Fellowship committee meeting wondered whether it wasn't two wine bottles instead. Just because they're in two paper bags doesn't mean you need to come to THAT conclusion, kiddies! Jeremy was eating Pho at another table and I decided to join him - when he wondered the same thing as a joke, I told him to shut up. No, I wasn't joking. (then Randal did the same thing and asked Alan if he wanted any upstairs... just give me the darned things so you can't take them anymore!) After I got some tissues, I settled down to eating / listening to the committee meeting while Eric practiced his guitar. Jeremy had to take the drums from upstairs, and Cindy came downstairs while he was doing that. Talked to her about yucky water from work and teaching Grade 1 for the first time yesterday - yup, God helped her survive! Our weeks were okay, although they seemed to drag on. Funny how that works... later, I gave Karen Lew's chips and birthday card to Jon to give to her since Vivian said her sister would be here tonight. (talked briefly to Vivian and Dawn in the kitchen, and to Dianne in the basement)

Randal came up to me in the basement and commented that I was expecting something from him - no, I certainly wasn't! He mentioned that he had committed a sin while he was in Reno: Jeremy asked "Gambling?" to which I replied "Probably." Then he said that he'd committed two sins then: his other one was not watching a certain TV show! I pretended to be mad about it, and then figured that he HAD to watch the previous episode because of certain things which happened then. He tried to convince me that he didn't need to since he got the general idea when he started watching it a few episodes into the season, but I wasn't having any of that! (thank goodness my mom said yes when I asked if he could have the tape even though she wasn't finished recording on it yet!) He gave me the aforementioned jellybeans, which was nice of him. :)

We were moved upstairs, and I thanked him again for the candy after worship. He figured that since I was nice enough to give him postcards from my Alaska cruise (without knowing that he'd been there himself), that he'd return the favor. Oh, I could have done certain things with that Fruits and Passion hand cream he was telling a bunch of people to sample, but didn't. Hehe. (Steph told us later about an email she'd sent out to Randal informing him that he was the winner of the hand cream, and the reply that she and Vanessa got.. haha, she thinks it's funny!) I guarded Eric's sandwich and went up to Phil's office for Bible Study. That was cool, although Jeremy had to lead since Dylan was busy working on his boat for work. Pretty good job for having been pressed into service at 11:30 last night! Stats Canada numbers, debt, socio-economic status, his turn to prompt me by calling my name on two separate occasions (man, I was spacey tonight...), paying back the $7 I owed Eric for the sub since he was doing stuff with his wallet anyhow... ah, good times!

Andrea got a phone call from Chuck at the end, who was in Halifax visiting his best friend. Must be nice since he hadn't done anything NOT related to school in a while! We all went back downstairs, and hung out near the entrance. Andrea alerted me to a white Bible belonging to John Ng since that name was written in childish handwriting - I'll see his sister Winnie at Awana, so I'll give it back to him then! (I must have confused Andrea for a second when I told her that, haha... different spelling of Jon and John!) If it's not his, then I don't know whose it would be... then again, I don't know what his Bible would be doing at the church on a Friday. Oh well, not a big deal. Connie decided to go home when Lesley invited her to go to some Congee King restaurant - she invited Randal, who decided to go with them. Jeremy stuck around for a while to talk about Bible Study, his bike helmet, movies, and various other topics before leaving. It wasn't so easy to go home even if his head felt kinda funny and such! We also let various Chinese Congregation people and the cleaning crew inside the church since the door was locked! Kevin can be our doorman at the new church, haha.

Waved to Quan, Darren, Joey, Mike, Mark, Isabel, Daniel, and others coming upstairs when they were finally done. The "different woman" Teresa got a ride home from Danielle - so not on the Richmond Crew's way, haha. Mentioned how we needed at least a week's notice before big changes happened, like Jeremy shaving off his beard. A bunch of people (including me) did a double-take when we first noticed him that Friday / Sunday, and Steph had to look into his eyes to determine that this familiar-looking Caucasian guy WAS Jeremy! Steph bugged Vivian about the cruise, saying that she and Karen would lock her out of the stateroom. When asked by Dianne where we were cruising to, Steph said: "Vancouver." Cheap cruises involve flights to the cruise ship destination and then cruising back to where you started from, after all... just like the Alaska cruise!

We finally got Jon out of there by moving toward the door, and Christon talked to Anthony briefly before everyone headed home. Jon wanted bubble tea even though he just had some two days ago, but Steph had consumed too much junk food during the football movie... Eric and I simply wanted to go home! Steph asked when Harmony was getting into town - the latter part of May sounds good, and she might even be there for the TV finale! Discussed how Sam was "studying" for exams - yeah right, he was probably watching the hockey game instead! Jon said that Mom and Dad were going on the other cruise on May 17 and 18, and that he was going. Amtrak on the return trip from Seattle, baby! Learned that Steph wouldn't be here during the latter part of June since she's seeing Melissa in Toronto - eh, we'll survive!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home