Friday, April 13, 2007

Dream about washing many dishes and Matt Good music / Cannon's NOT a name! / Friday the 13th

Eric just called me on his cell and from his work, and also left me an MSN message about "smelling the ashes" which I'm ignoring temporarily in favor of checking my friends lists and posting this entry. (and maybe showering...) Yes, my priorities are all crazy! :P Then again, he signed off a while ago - I guess I'll call him when I'm done, but he just emailed me. Much easier to figure out, haha. Then again, he just signed on MSN again to give me the same copy-pasted message about ashes and waking up. Uh yeah, I don't think I'm going to be in the car with YOU tonight (Cambie / Jacombs at 6?) even if that means staying home! :P

"Rise and shine, Ms. Ng. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest. And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has come again. The right woman in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Ms. Ng. Wake up and smell the ashes. No, I don't want you to die in a towering inferno. I want you to save the earth from the combine. Now your first task is to answer calls to your house. Once you've got that down, you can get here by 6. You could also reply to instant messages. If you don't start acting normally, I'm not going to pick you up." Uh, he should KNOW that I don't act normally at times! DORK!


Yes, it's Friday the 13th today. My sister forwarded this to me from her co-worker Lambert:

The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia (a word that is derived from the concatenation of the Greek words meaning Friday, thirteen, and phobia respectively; alternate spellings include paraskevodekatriaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia) or friggatriskaidekaphobia, and is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a phobia (fear) of the number thirteen.

Also, I just got warned over in baby_names: I DO NOT CARE, SINCE CANNON IS NOT A BABY NAME! Time to leave that community and go back to the Baby's Named A Bad Bad Thing forums! Then again, someone else also got warned for this suggestion: "Shooter, Hunter, Smith, Wesson, Gage." I find that the most hilarious thing I've read today! Hey, here's a warning for yet another person because they suggested "Catapult John? Artillery Matthew? Missile Christopher?" HAHAHA, at least some people have a sense of humor! :D

"There are six levels of membership, based on how many posts you have. These mean pretty much nothing, except the stars look pretty. The levels are...
Madison member / 0-49 posts / 0 stars
Madycyn member / 50-99 posts / 1 star
Madycynne member / 100-249 posts / 2 stars
McMadycynne member / 250-499 posts / 3 stars
MacMadycynnylynne member / 500-1999 posts / 4 stars
Mac'Mahd'ysséighnnughllynnëe member / 2000+ posts / 5 stars"


Now, to get to the real reason I opened this update page: I had another strange dream, which I hope isn't associated with the cruise... but one never knows! This one opened up with my dad yelling at me and Karen Lew to do a few sinkloads of dishes. We were both VERY annoyed and kept yelling back at him. This resulted in my mom adding even more dishes to our existing load: you'd think we would LEARN. We'd had hot pot (as evidenced by the gold scooping implements), but we were still extremely torqued because it was 6:35 AM and we just wanted to SLEEP! Of course, Mom and Dad didn't understand this because we were simply there to do their dirty work for them!

Suddenly, all the cupboards in the room slowly turned into Frosted Flakes cereal boxes with Tony the Tiger. Then, they started blasting Matthew Good songs - interestingly enough, we'd never heard the songs before, but were able to instantly classify them as Matt Good tunes! The songs made us feel a little better, and the bonus was that Mom and Dad weren't able to turn them down OR off! After a few threats from the parentals, we perforce finished the dishes and then got outta there before we could be assigned more work! The dream ended when we got together with certain friends and sailed away on someone's boat...

Interesting stuff, since sailing is almost exactly what we'll be doing in less than a month... and 6:35 AM is the time that we'll have to be at the airport because of Homeland Security rules. I already know that Karen, Vivian, and I are NOT fans of getting up early! As for the dishes, that better not be showing up anytime soon in waking life... but it might, at the townhouse! Haven't had Frosted Flakes in quite a while, and I haven't really listened to Matt Good in a bit, either! Weird stuff... as for the yelling and threats, you probably don't want to know what memories my subconscious is drawing on. =/

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,