Friday, April 13, 2007

Actual dates / Jeremy and movies / Mrs. Dole's Pecan Roll Cookies

Eric bugged me this after noon over MSN using some phrases from HALF-LIFE 2, which I guessed correctly. Then I decided to check my old email account: I found an email from Danielle saying that she and Citrus would have to bow out of the hockey / movie night at Nathan's on Sunday because it was their anniversary. An actual date that doesn't involve running errands - YAY! Of course, the next two emails I checked were from Nathan and Eric bugging Citrus about getting his priorities straight, and not planning ahead for Game 3 of the Canucks-Stars playoff Round 1. *laugh*

Then there was one from Jeremy listing off a whole bunch of movies that a few of us might be interested in watching, and possible dates around the playoff schedule. I asked him later if anyone had responded to him, and he said no. (but he had watched at least one or two at Nathan's yesterday, and asked me if I remembered any of the ones we were going to watch - nope, since I just skimmed that email, dude!) Then I told him that he'd emailed it to my old email address - he said that he'd been mixed up. No worries! Volunteered the information that I'd only checked it because Dylan said he'd emailed me some important questions about the Fellowship directory, which Jon told me that he'd forward. Being my brother, he obviously did not. So I had to do my own digging, and trashed too many spam emails in that process! At least Dylan mentioned to me later that he'd gotten my email - I hope Jeremy responds soon to that one since I'd apparently reminded him to do so! (the deadline was the 9th, but we're stretching it!)


You Are a Brownie Cheesecake

A little chunky and a little gooey, you pretty much run on sugar!
You take hedonism to the extreme.. And people love you for it.



There's a 39% Chance That You Need Therapy

You may need therapy, but you're probably doing okay at working out your own problems.
In general, you are able to solve any troubles that come up. But there's no harm in talking to a professional.



Mrs. Dole's Pecan Roll Cookies

Categories: Cookies
Yield: 45 servings

1 cup Margarine; room temp
1/4 cups Powdered sugar plus more

For coating baked cookies
1 tablespoon Cold water
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 cups All-purpose flour
2 cups Pecan pieces
Recipe by: St. Louis Post-Dispatch 8/12/96

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Grease baking sheet. In medium bowl with mixer on medium speed, beat together margarine and 1/4 cup powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in water and vanilla. On low speed, gradually beat in flour. Mix in pecans with a wooden spoon or by hand. With floured hands, roll 2 teaspoons dough for each cookie into a datelike shape. Place cookies on greased baking sheet. Score top of each cookie lengthwise with knife. Bake 45 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while still warm. Yield: 3 3/4 dozen cookies.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home