Saturday, April 28, 2007

If it's the end, it's not ending my politeness! / ORANGE JULIUS

After talking to the two Erics earlier this afternoon / evening, I had some dinner while playing about in space. Then I left, since I was running late... Eric HAD to call me "Garbage Lady" because I was taking out some trash on my way out. Uh, I might as well do it then and not tomorrow! He teased me about how I never answer the phone - yeah, I guess I should have it available more often, but it doesn't mean I'll answer it just because I'm online! (this came up later when I was talking to Andrea about Sunday's luncheon - screening calls when your ride's looking for you?!) While I was saying some crazy things, I told him that I'd forgotten my water. Darn the bottle being in the fridge all the time since I like it cold, haha! This indirectly resulted in his asking later on during Bible Study if I wanted some water - strong tea for me in a different cup than the dregs of the hot chocolate, please! It's nice when friends look out for each other like that. :D

I misheard his saying "is the Memorial Cup a good thing for Ron Toigo?" (owner of the Vancouver Giants) as "your sister's a playgirl!", so I had to scold him about that... no matter what else he may think about my sister, he'd better not think THAT! He's right about my mind apparently being in some crazy places, though! Not sure where that came from, and I don't think I'd want to know either! But no (borrowed) plots or plans here, that much is for certain! There was almost NOBODY at the church when we arrived, so I wondered what my sister had said to him about what THEY were doing - we found out later that it was Bible Study Group outing night. She should have told me that yesterday when I said I'd see her tonight, but no big deal. We saw Randal when we parked, but he couldn't hear Eric yelling his name out the window - haha, good times!

Got to church and talked to Jen for a bit - she wondered where Jeremy was, but I didn't know. She figures Banana Leaf on Broadway will be a good spot for her party if she books their private room soon! (Dawn and others will be on the guest list, yay!) Eric said he could come (ride option!), and Vivian could be there if she has the car. (she thinks the cruise will be interesting, if nothing else!) Karen liked Eric's and my sports spirit - of course we have it! Talked to Andrea about Sunday's luncheon: I help with the kids and don't really teach them anything officially, but I might as well learn about new initiatives while eating Chinese food! (for some reason, Randal's in it too...) Don't know that I've been doing it for "many years" (as she put it), but then there WERE the nursery years too before the toddler room years - at least since 2002 or so. (I remember the September 2003 events very clearly - the kids helped me get over THOSE things, haha!) Briefly talked to Kevin about hockey, and to Randal about the same subject with a different twist: dude, just look at what Eric and I are wearing, and you'll KNOW which team we support tonight! ;)

Karen C. had a flowery speech about Andrea and Jen - celebrating Fellowship birthdays, and Dylan said something about Martin, too! Lesley and she were almost too much in concert, but it's how they are... I must have patience, love, and compassion. This is indeed a struggle, heh. I like a certain person just fine, but I wish he wouldn't ask me to read a certain passage when I'm obviously still in the delayed process of looking for it in my Bible! Luckily, Andrea had hers at the ready - it would have taken me some more time to look for it in mine, bleh. Sure, he'd have given me time to look for it, but I dunno - I wasn't even writing things down at the time, so I have no excuse but my own very delayed reaction! Oh well... it wasn't a matter of a page or two, but of entire books! It didn't help that my "reading voice" was NOT in fine form tonight - my voice was fine for talking to friends (and yelling at them), but not reading. BLEH! I know it's not about THAT, but still it bugged me!

I convinced Eric to have a strawberry (I had two - including a HUGE one! - while Eric noticed Dylan was looking for one and gave him the last) from the plate of four I carried over to our table, and decided to save the buckwheat petal bar for tomorrow when I discuss things with my Awana small group. (still well within expiry date windows - Jon should eat his soon!) After Bible Study, I talked to the "different woman" Teresa for a bit, who lives at Clark and 7th - she learns about computers and such during the week, which is cool. She also has the Internet at her apartment, so she can check her email and stuff - very nice! When Jon called Eric to inform him that he was at Dragon Ball with a bunch of people (including Vivian's sister Karen), she asked me why my brother has the same first and last name as her brother! I don't know, man. Then again, she was asking me what Chung / Martin / Raymond's last names were - ask them yourself! (which she did with Stanley when his family got there to clean the church - I told him that it was her "thing" to ask everyone that) She asked me whether I'd grown up with "the two white guys"... not quite! Stanley told me and Vivian about this cool PS3 game he'd discovered: you go around eating fish, but then other fish can also eat you... reminds me of Odell Lake in a way.Then he told us about the horrible DOOM movie.. not sure I want to watch it, then!

Eric went upstairs to watch the game on TV, since Nathan said it was in overtime with the score tied 1-1. I stayed behind to hopefully discuss things with Randal - FOUR WEEKS TILL THE 24 FINALE! Talked about the Dallas hockey game on Monday, too - SO GOOD WITH THE GOALS! (then again, he didn't know about the playoffs [how is such a thing possible?!] until Game 7 - the last bandwagon jumper, indeed!) Mentioned "things which Eric can eat" and Monday's dilemma in passing - chicken is good for him! Eventually, he left and I went upstairs to watch the game with Eric. He pulled out chairs for us as we watched the last few minutes of the first overtime together - not sure WHAT some hockey plays were all about, but those players WERE getting tired! I think I did a good job at being more polite - Step 1 in becoming a better person, haha. ("thank you" for dropping me off at HOME, "thank you" TWICE for the tea, and a non-demand for Frances to pass me a napkin and a plate?! WHEE!)

Talked for a bit with Vivian and Dylan about his 1985 car which belches smoke all the time - not good! Stanley asked us some questions which sounded as if he wanted to kick us out: not much we could have done since we were waiting for people! Eric heard Jon from outside (after calling him when they were at Commercial and 12th) On the way home, we discussed bad gas prices / Dallas and Sheena's last day of exams today / possibly going to Nathan's / Jeremy's roommate Darryl getting married tomorrow (so THAT's where the white drummer was tonight!) / Regent friend's birthday barbecues (not at Pho, but that would be a good idea) / death threats / hockey. Then Harmony called, so I said "Say hi to the Double H!" which led to Eric calling her "the Ho." (according to Jon, she laughed at that!) While they were discussing James Houston, Hos we knew in Richmond / Vancouver (Phyllis - Eric - Tim), and culture, we listened to the game - IT WAS SO GOOD when Jeff Cowan scored at 7:49 in double overtime from Linden! Impossible shot angles rule, haha. Eric and I noted that it was almost 2 AM for Harmony when Jon said that she was tired - LET HER SLEEP, MAN! Good thing the Canucks scored when they did since I was afraid of possibly missing something when I walked from the car to my apartment - yay! Now since nobody's really online to talk with, I think I'll take a stab at this "going to bed early" thing after I moderate / check stuff. (I have a feeling I'll be checking stuff all day on the 11th if Jon drops me off at home first after the cruise, even though I'll want to sleep!)


ORANGE JULIUS

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 2 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Beverages

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 cup Milk
1 cup Orange juice
1 x Sugar to taste
1 x Egg is optional

Mix ingredients in a blender & blend until frothy, or until it looks good to you.


You Are Destined to Struggle With Your Weight

Like most people, you find it a little difficult to stay at a weight you're comfortable with.
If you change a few habits and make food less important, you may find the struggle hardly exists anymore.



You Are 48% Jealous

You're a fairly jealous person, but it's nothing to beat yourself up about.
A little jealousy is perfectly normal, though sometimes you take it a little far.
Recognize when jealousy is taking over your life, and try to hold back your impulses.
You'll be a better (and happier) person for it!



Your Inner Color is Blue

Your Personality: Your natural warmth and intuition nurtures those around you. You are accepting and always follow your heart.

You in Love: Relationships are your top priority, and this includes love. You are most happy when you are serious with someone.

Your Career: You need to help others in your job to feel satisfied. You would be a great nurse, psychologist, or counselor.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home