Monday, April 09, 2007

IRON CHEF photos, redrum, inconvenient poop hilarity, dreaming of blue stamp ads

Steph sent me the links to the IRON CHEF action of a couple weeks ago, and I'm much too lazy to Photobucket the pictures:
Group Pictures and Food (summary shots)
Action Shots from the evening


Oh, yay. I have redrum now. Luckily, it held off until about 10 PM yesterday, so it wasn't bothering me all day as Eric thought when I told him why I was taking a shower at 10:55! It was just tiredness, heh. I'll tell him that later when I see him - although I feel like staying home, I need to get my stuff!


Maternal hilarity from Saturday night:

Jon: So what did you do last night at church to entertain the teens?
Steph: Oh, we watched 300 and other things.
Me: Yeah, Mike and Sam and Joey were discussing that during dinner at Pho!
Mom: Is that Al Gore's new movie?
Jon: No, it's about...
Me: SPARTANS! Greek people!
Mom: Oh, so what's the Al Gore movie?
Jon: An Inconvenient Truth.
Mom: An Inconvenient POOP?!

After correcting her, my siblings and I went into the kitchen to laugh over what would truly be considered inconvenient poops. I came up with the obvious: "Ack! I'm literally about to get married, and I HAVE TO POOP!" Steph wondered to Jon (since he's done a lot of weddings) if brides just had to hold it in all day since they're at the church for HOURS! Jon said he HOPED not... major disaster waiting to happen there!


I had a weird dream last night:

* seeing Lily looking visibly pregnant, and Joe said he could tell it was going to be a boy - baby Hannah wasn't anywhere to be seen! (we were on a college campus with lots of houses and buildings)
* Nathan, Steph, Jeremy, and I going into a music building in order to check the place out (plus look for Jon and Harmony)
* in a crowded cafeteria, we saw Uncle Vincent's mom with a purple wool hat (she's one of my grandma's friends)
* at the same place, Steph decided to give a piggyback ride to someone's crying baby even though we told her that the tears and fluids would probably stain her jersey
* I went around the building by myself since Nathan and Jeremy decided to duck into a particularly noisy room to see if they could find Jon and Harmony
* I went right past the room where they were on another go-through, and went to the library again - Auntie Cathy was there (she's a VPL librarian in real life), and asked me various questions which I wanted to avoid
* I busied myself with the Gmail CDs and trying to get 100 in a column so that they'd automatically return to the shelf and lower the mountains of returned items
* when I couldn't do so anymore, I left the stacks where they were, and browsed the CDs and books on offer until Auntie Cathy seemed to hound me
* I got out of there, and went into the room that Nathan and Jeremy had been in previously just in time to hear an announcement over the building intercom that we were being too noisy at 1:30 AM (all the musicians in there laughed it off since they were creatures of the night, and would make a certain amount of noise anyhow!)
* found Nathan and Jeremy, who had located Harmony at a piano and Jon playing drums to rock out
* asked Harmony whether she knew of any "epic family drama" books - she gave me a few suggestions, and I thought: "Wow! I'm using my brother's girlfriend!"
* went back to the library and didn't find anything, but resolved to go back there later since Auntie Cathy was now giving me the evil eye!
* returned to the noisy music room, where Jeremy told me that we had to go now after getting certain documents from people who were staying there all night
* while waiting for Jon, we also saw a commercial on the TV for blue self-inking customized advertising on menstrual pads ("Stamp the ad BEFORE wearing it! Like, STOP GLOBAL WARMING!" "I wonder how that would feel... ew!")
* located Steph in the parking lot (wearing her blue Helly Hansen jacket), where she said that I had to go with her while the guys went in another car
* ended up wearing my jacket and Nathan's black coat before figuring that I couldn't wear Jeremy's blue jacket AND wear a few knapsacks at the same time... there, the dream just ended!

Not sure what could have triggered it, except the blue ink ads thing. Eric told me that certain commercials would have him believe that my red issues are actually blue issues - nope! If they had commercials that reflected the reality, it certainly would make for GROSS advertising! Although I *did* see a younger version of Uncle Hansel (Cathy's husband) on Fairchild TV the other day, too... and I haven't played any Tetris-like games in waking life lately, unless Bookworm Deluxe counts! (but I haven't played that since Friday!) Maybe the "separate cars" thing means something also, but I'm not sure on that one...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home