Monday, April 16, 2007

The death threat barrier has been BROKEN!

Went to church late today since my parents forgot to pick me up until they were halfway into Vancouver / at Ironwood - how nice of them! Oh well, at least my dad didn't SEEM too cranky... but then he didn't really talk to me, so maybe he was! (sometimes he is when that happens!) Good thing my mom explained immediately after I got into the car, heh. As it was, I got to service at the same time as Jeremy - we sat together and shared some laughs over the sermon and his non-verbal communication with Jon in the front row! (Pastor Rebecca: "Do you have any enemies?" *Jon points at Nathan sitting next to him, and Jeremy laughs to himself*) Ah, the drumming on the pew is certainly a good thing - but I can't necessarily say the same for someone else's hurried reading of Scripture, especially if said person is sitting right behind me! I eventually had to resort to NOT reading aloud at all, because that just messes up what internal rhythm I have! After service, Randal came up to me and asked if I had the 24 tape - yes, but I was in the process of wanting to get out of the sanctuary, so he'd have to wait!

Said hi to Daniel / Rosenda (whom I really should call, but she has two babies now) / Winnie, and gave birthday cards to Lily and her daughter Hannah - of COURSE the baby gets one! Talked to Jen, Jeremy, Nathan, Christon, Jon, and Tony about the hockey / movie night coming up. Guantanamo Bay has a documentary, which I'm not too surprised to hear - fertile subject for one, I believe! Jen says she's moving out to the Broadway / Main area - later, Jon joked that she'd be closer to alcohol and the more important things in life! Oh well, she can hook up with Jeremy (NOT IN THAT WAY, YOU PERVERTS!) and discuss what's good in that area since he has the knowledge! Tony figures he has less of a life than anyone else around, but wants to go to Daniel camp so it'll help that condition! ("I have friends I've never seen!" "You mean online friends?" "Yeah - online games and such!") Eventually arranged a ride with Nathan, but called him at 6:30 - I get too absorbed in books about cannibalism and THE REMNANT! Plus, I forgot about leaving messages with him and Jon in the afternoon - I was definitely a space case over the weekend, what with Friday's prompting at Bible Study and such!

Speaking of which, I had said goodbye to the leaving Sunday School contingent and was heading out of the parking lot when I vaguely heard a "hey" behind me. Figuring that it wasn't meant for me (after all, I'd already MADE my farewells), I continued on my way. Then it grew louder - fine, MAKE me stop in the middle of my determined path toward the front door since the back door seemed closed! Turned around to discover Randal smiling at me: "Hey, where's my tape? If I don't have it, I think I'll have to torture you since I've learned some lessons from Jack Bauer!" So of course I had to retaliate in the best way I knew: "If you do, you DIE!" (note to Eric: HE started it, so he received his first death threat from me!) Asked where he'd disappeared to for the past 15 minutes: counting money with Tim, I see. Very important! Then I proceeded to look like an idiot trying to remove my knapsack so I could give him the tape... JUST like the time he picked me up to go to MissionsFest, and I somehow couldn't open the front door of the apartment building from the inside even though I've also done that hundreds of times before without a problem. Yeah, REAL smooth moves.... *sigh* At least he'll return it on Friday, when I hope this spaciness leaves me! No hope for the clumsiness, since that's what you get with CP... but this was more clumsiness than usual. Maybe there's something up with that... let's just hope he (or anyone else) doesn't think me a klutz! (as I recall, I also was clumsy with my knapsack in front of someone else the first time we met... aiya!) Sorry, dude... maybe I'll be the epitome of grace (not Grace) next time we interact, but I highly doubt it!

Got to the toddler room, where I still had trouble removing my knapsack - maybe it's not the hypothesis I think it might be! Perhaps I shall get Eric / Steph to see what's up with it next Friday! Rachel and Wilson had their "picnic time," noticed some black stuff in the toy kitchen's sink (EW!), and liked putting bowls on their heads to serve as hats. (Rachel also had silver teeth fillings from presumably eating too much candy... she's FOUR years old, dude!) Little Sean was pretty good today, sitting on the red bench with me and clapping his hands. No running around or crankiness (I heard his parents tired him out at a park earlier in the morning), more repeating of numbers, and more practically sitting in my lap while he was transfixed with a particular toy! Auntie Tracy says that kids can tell who really loves them - I suppose it's true, and I think Sean needs more attention and such anyhow because of his autism! Afterwards, I gave his brother Ian the coloring sheet I'd promised him yesterday, and he thanked me for it. Of course he had to be prompted, but it's no big deal. Went into the basement, where Gwyneth announced she wasn't talking to me. Fine then, I'll just talk to your sister Evelyn and your friends Samantha and Rosanna instead! They were playing with pizza candy, angel crafts, and more stuff. Yay for a new generation of "default friends"!

When I got outside, Chung asked me where Jon / Steph / Eric were - Jon was at UBC hockey with Jeremy, and the other two were at the Sun Run! No wonder there were so few people there after Sunday School, haha. I talked to Danielle / Citrus / Tony / Christon for a while about Pho - there's one on Hastings which accepts debit or credit cards?! Wow. Good thing for Tony and Christon since they had no cash on them! Danielle invited me to join them, but I had to go with my parents - we also had Pho since they had a meeting later. Grandma wanted to sit in the Mandarin service in the back row... I wasn't going to sit through another service, and one I could barely understand at that! Told my dad that I'd be in the toddler room instead - Christal and Wilson were there, along with two other kids I didn't know. They made a mess with the toys, and I found stuff I didn't know the room HAD! (a huge wooden board you could pull around, a silver toy mirror, other wet toys which I told Christal to throw out...) I cleaned up some of the mess, and Julie was responsible for the other stuff since she came in as I was going out, heh. No, I don't make kids clean up my messes - Dad told her to help do so since we were leaving! Luckily, I asked my parents after church if they could drop me off at Chapters - phew!

I'm just going to continue this in another post since it'll get too long otherwise... just like the time I posted on Jeremy's birthday (technically not really) after being out all day at church / lunch / a Sunday dinner with the Reject Chicken! Hey, it works for me... :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home