Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Seeing Rachel at Paterson Restaurant

Went out to Paterson Restaurant with Rachel and her family... Steph THOUGHT that Rachel would want Chinese food, but she actually doesn't like it very much! It was pretty good to see Rachel again - she, her sister Lisa, Steph, and I talked about about many different things. (Steph likes Harmony better than she does Jon, haha) Gilbert's postponing his wedding for a year to "save up money" - yikes! They announced the date and THEN postponed it - NOT GOOD! Someone Rachel knows had this HUGE fight with his girlfriend, and they were engaged a week later: strange people! Steph talked about running / Sun Run training / marathons with co-workers and her big boss, who's kinda childish in some ways. (Tim Horton's and Artigiano's are NOT fair coffee bets!) I guess I am / was like Max in one respect: that "can I come with you for this and that?" must have been annoying. Oh well, at least I don't do that much anymore... I hope. Otherwise all my friends would just keep me around because they HAVE to - what a terrible fate! Her co-workers' response to her picture with Geroy Simon at Yuk Yuks (free tickets four times in a row for crowd reasons - drinks are EXPENSIVE there!): "So you took a picture with a black man... big deal?" HAHAHAHA, I'm sure she goes around town and takes pictures with random black men for the heck of it! *sigh* (Lisa saw Steph's co-workers at some booth, told them to say hi to her, then stole something from Ipsos-Reid... haha!)

Discussed skating and running in Fort Mac - the snow is hard and it's -40° outside, yet there are still some hardcore people who want to do both! Rachel would prefer it to be warmer, but not quite as warm as Steph's work gym with its default set temperature of 21° Celsius! Apparently, people also line up around the block for Tim Horton's coffee there - thankfully, there IS one Starbucks which Rachel can go to! We laughed when my grandma ate half a plate of bitter melon by herself: Rachel wasn't impressed with the one piece she tried, and Steph tried three... "Why do I do this to myself every time? Ah yes, now I remember why I don't like it!" Steph thinks that Rachel should follow hockey since Alberta has good junior hockey - she wasn't impressed! They also tried planning to run together even if Steph's running with her co-workers already after work: all-you-can-eat sushi is something that Rachel's missed, but she's doing yoga too! We discussed the time change: more light for running and such later on, but I just want to sleep without light interruptions! Haha. At least I was better, since we had the hot and sour soup I'd been craving! (plus crab and lots of other stuff)

Mom talked Auntie Esther and Uncle Gabriel into going to our church after they dropped off Rachel at the airport on Sunday morning. (no ping-pong with the Zion Fellowship on Saturday night!) Good thing their service starts at 11:15, although it's usually later because our service has to wait for the morning Chinese service to finish! (and our service is late as a result - starts at 9:55 or later because people have to set up and such) Grandma asked where I got my ANGEL hat: she bought it for me at Christmas, then forgot about that! :(

At least the Canucks won 5-1 against Tampa Bay (whom we never see because of stupid NHL scheduling), although Jan Bulis took at least one stupid penalty! He is NOT Steph's favorite player because of that habit. When I got home, Andrea tried talking to me via Gmail chat - that quickly went nowhere since I was multitasking like a fiend, heh. If that had been Corey, he'd have gotten the "QUIT BEING A BUTT!" line, haha. Ooh, someone wants Wolf Eyes tracks. Thank goodness for Audiograbber since they're not on the computer like I thought they were! ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home