Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chocolates and turkey pies are all you think about when you get home?!

My sister and I went out to dinner with Grandma at Tsim Chai, who took FOREVER deciding what to order. Just pick something... we don't really care! Noodles are not JUST for lunch, and rice is not JUST for dinner either. No, the waitresses CANNOT read your mind when you want to pay the bill / pack the leftovers to take home! They can't see you half-waving your hand at them from across the room, either! Speaking of the bill, Grandma didn't budge at all to get her wallet... Steph had to pay for it. That's fine, but you'd think she would know that Steph didn't offer to pay just because she called earlier to say that we'd eat dinner out! (that way, she wouldn't have to get groceries!) Told Steph about the turkey pie fiasco: I wanted to microwave them so it would be faster / easier, but Grandma insisted that I knew how to use the toaster oven on the strength of ONE cursory directive by Mom. "It'll taste better in the oven!" Not necessarily, and I don't care! AIYA.

Corn may be a vegetable, but it's not quite as satisfying as a dinner thing with two rice dishes. Later, Steph checked her phone to find a message from Mom: they were on their way home already from Yaohan! Fine by me, as this gave me just enough time to log out from my sites on Mom's computer when we got home from the post office. Grandma thought Steph was picking up ice cream from 7-11 (where the post office was located), and then commented on how she shouldn't leave her purse unattended while paying for her parcel. Uh, it was right by her AND there was nobody else in the store but the two clerks! Besides, that would get heavy after a short time... she doesn't understand. *sigh*

Unfortunately, we forgot to throw the turkey pies and the other garbage (which contained the empty Belgian chocolate hedgehog box) out. Those were the first two things my parents noticed, and of course they promptly complained. Uh, yeah... if I wanted to hide a box of chocolates from everyone else in the house, I wouldn't put them in the laundry room and expect to have them all to myself. Besides, my mom had more than TWO chocolates from that box... it was half-empty when I got to it on Monday night and had the remainder! I know she's just like that, but I wish she wasn't! It's not like I went looking for them since my sister showed me the junk food stash! All in all, it's a good thing I didn't open a new box of chocolates, no matter how much I may have consumed! (stop complaining about inconsequential things, woman!) Of course, I didn't say that to her... I have enough sense! ;)

She calmed down over their dinner: yay for my sister and me having our veggie quotient! Then she gave me True Crime Through History (True Stories of the 100 Most Infamous Murderers of the Last Two Centuries) (Richard Glyn Jones) and The 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said Page-A-Day Calendar 2007 (Ross Petras and Kathryn Petras) when it's almost March... oh well. She also gave me a Care Bears folder, Iguana Golden Habanero sauce, microwaveable popcorn, Jolly Ranchers candy, El Pato Mexican spicy tomato sauce, fuzzy blue socks, a white chocolate Reeses cup, Hershey's Kissables, ten-cent ramen, Tootsie Rolls, and such. Home tomorrow after lunch to see how many missed calls I have! (hope it's not 540 like a dream I recently had...)

Ooh, edit. Grandma also gave me a pajama set and a vest of hers. Then she asked me what she was supposed to do with a Cadbury Burnt Almond bar that Mom gave her.... uh, eat it or give it away if you don't like it? She claimed I scared her when I went in her room to give her stuff... nobody is over, and there are people she knows here! That shouldn't be her mindset, but whatever... at least Mom explained to me later why she was so upset. Taking out her anger at Big G on me... sigh. Explanations are an improvement over a few years ago, let me tell you!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home