Friday, February 23, 2007

Addictive peppermint bark / Stupid buses and lineups causing me to be late!

Note: Entry timestamp is wrong because if I actually tried blogging at that time, I suspect Eric would have KILLED ME! I just have too much to say for one post, and generally like splitting up different happenings into their own separate posts. It's easier that way. ;)

Hey, Steph and I got an email from Harmony thanking us for the early birthday card and bookmark... sweet! I don't know when Jon gave those items to her, but at least they are now in her possession. She asked us how we were... nothing really exciting here - I should work on that, but not necessarily in the way certain people think! "I should be in Vancouver for a few days in May, so I'll be looking forward to seeing both of you then. :) Oh, and if you hear your brother talking about ingesting any kind of durian-mouthwash combination, please do give him a few good punches on my behalf. Much appreciated!" Durian and mouthwash?! EWWWWWW.

I went to the mall for a while earlier, and should have known that the trip wouldn't have ended in a timely fashion when I just missed the bus. Went to Shoppers to get some chocolate for Quan and myself, but saw peppermint bark instead: 340g on sale for $6.99 is better than 165g or 245g on sale for the same price, at least to my Asian mindset. Noticed that the Lindt chocolate boxes seem to be on permanent sale till the end of this year - I had to read the price tags a few times to make sure I wasn't reading them wrong or something! The cashier said that the peppermint bark (from the Christmas holidays) was ADDICTIVE... yay for someone using that word correctly!

Also picked up a get-well card for Charlie there, went to Tazza for some strawberry bubble tea, and went to the bookstore to see if they had a certain Bathroom Reader. They didn't, but they did have The Giant Book of True Crime (Colin Wilson) for $5.99! Then I wrote the get-well card, and decided to mail Sarah's and Corey's cards at the same time I mailed Charlie's. I do know that Sarah's birthday is Mar. 22, her wedding is Apr.14, and Corey's birthday is March 19... but might as well get things done all at the same time and EARLY!

Went to Iris (the glasses place) to see what was going on with my glasses earpiece since it's peeling... Mom thinks it's because of sweat, but then it would have happened with ALL my previous pairs, AND it's only on one side! I guess a case COULD be made for my having a sweat problem on only one side of my head, but that would seriously be stretching it... I have more sense than my mom sometimes, haha. The person there said that glasses are temperamental: I could have set it down a little too hard without realizing it, something might have bumped that side, or something else could have happened. So now I get to go back to the cheap glasses place at least twice to see if they can order me a new one! Cheap, but not the most convenient option: eh, namooch I can do!

After that, I encountered a long lineup at the post office. Some lady had a few packages, and another one bought like 800 stamps in SHEETS of a hundred! She also seemed to be wondering whether she should purchase more, so added to her total. I was thinking to myself that she should just HURRY UP, as happens when you're in a hurry. When I finally got out of there, it turned out that I had just missed the bus to go home as well. UGH, two missed buses in the span of an hour and a half or so! I was making good time until the post office... ick. I got home at 7:05 and thought I had enough time to shower / do a double cleansing (don't ask if you don't know what that is :P) without Eric not knowing any better - yes, I needed the quick shower and couldn't postpone it. *sigh* So then I heard knocking of some sort when I was finishing up... oh man. Luckily, it was Eric at the door and then at the window, and not some weird pervert stalker! Next time, I guess I should call him... whoops, sorry! Being rushed is so NOT a good thing... stupid buses and lineups!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home