Friday, February 23, 2007

Dream: Eliminating evil lurking within the church

I had a weird dream, set at my church with mainly Sunday School kids and my own friends. It started out with a new Sunday School term: I'd be helping Vivian with the kids in her Grade 2 class, mainly controlling the children if they got out of hand. They weren't of the generation that were instantly scared of my dad whenever they heard his name, but they knew I could be quite scary when needed! The classroom had two sets of kids in it, and the other class belonged to Vivian's Aunt Pat. Some of the kids in my former toddler class were taller than they should have been for six-year-olds when I saw them after Sunday School, and Wilson even was taller than his father by an inch or two! (who was Gabriel's dad Uncle Eugene in the dream... weird!) Little Ian and Sean (brothers) responded to me with a lot of enthusiasm and normally - this was a big deal for Sean, who didn't seem autistic in the dream at all. Auntie Fonda greeted me with a smile, and asked how I liked her new blue wool hat: very nice!

There was a meeting after church, and I stayed to help with the kids there while my friends went off to play laser tag. Sam's parents (Uncle Joel and Auntie Cissy) wanted me to paint the Awana Circle, but I couldn't do that because the Care Committee meeting was taking place in the basement ON the aforementioned circle! I contented myself with talking to Sam and his brother Jeremy (who also had to stay behind) while looking after the kids. At the end of the meeting, we commented on the lunch food that people had provided for us: "Nice food from the CARE committee... noodles and rice and not much else! They should have made other things too, since it's not like the church doesn't have the budget money for that! Food IS important, y'know!" The kids formed an impromptu choir and started singing all kinds of songs... we made sure that their content was G-rated, of course!

Later, my friends came back to my parents' big blue van parked outside the church. I went outside to meet them, and saw Michelle L. - I remembered that I had to call her for a ride in the next few hours! (real life intrudes again...) Eric, Jon, Nathan, Vania, Steph, and the others complained that they'd lost 30 minutes ago and had to clean the floors of the lazer tag place. We then deliberated on what to do later: Go to Nathan's? Go to a restaurant for dinner? Play with our money? Then Steph remembered that - speaking of money - Eric had said that we all owed him money on a receipt he had. I thought I couldn't find my wallet until I looked in my blue Morning Star bag, then asked for the receipt so I could calculate how much money I had to pay. Steph told me that I only had to pay around three dollars, but I still wanted the receipt for proof, and to make sure I didn't underpay.

Then my dad got mad at me for "delaying everyone" and started screaming at me. At first, I wondered about the real-life repercussions if I cursed / screamed right back at him... then I remembered that this was a DREAM and there were no consequences. So I screamed and cursed right back at him for not understanding: "You F****** A******!" etc., etc. Nobody else in the van did anything, since perhaps they recognized that it was a battle of wills and they were on my side. He threatened me with "I'll take you and your friends to where you want to go... but you'd better call me on Monday, and you'd better be CRYING!!!" I responded that I didn't cry when I called dictators, and he got so mad that he spewed out dragon's breath: FIRE!

My friends then wondered what I was going to do since my dad had turned into a chimera, so I countered that with some icy silver refreshing breath that neutralized his fire attack. After it was all over, my dad lay weakened in the front seat of the van. We didn't want to risk his healing, so we killed him with various miscellaneous attacks. Then we went back to church, where Auntie Tracy and Vania were taking digicam photos for Uncle Edwin: they took photos of themselves, the closets, and even a messy toddler room with red benches and toys strewn all over the place. We objected to the last one since it shouldn't go into an anniversary scrapbook, but they seemed to think it was fine. Meh, whatever... the dream ended when we got Uncle Patrick to clean out the messy van. Far from remonstrating with us, the church elders and officials praised us for eliminating a trusted source who ultimately turned out to be evil. :D


No, I haven't been playing RPGs or anything similar lately. I do have to call Michelle tonight to remind her about picking me up tomorrow for Awana, though! Haven't been thinking about the toddler class or that blue bag which I brought to the townhouse this week when I had to stay over, either. Although I have been casually thinking about what happens when little Sean - who IS autistic in real life - has to move up from the toddler class! Will I go with him, or will he do things on his own or run around? Mind you, I've only been thinking about it because Auntie Fonda mentioned it a couple weeks ago in passing to Auntie Tracy... and no, I don't really think my dad is an evil church administrator or person!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home