Sunday, January 14, 2007

"You'd rather watch a TV show than spend time with your family?!"

Man, I think I need some triple-strength coffee or Red Bull. Neither would probably be a very good idea, but I'm just that tired.... I will finish the Milk 2 Go Coffee Commotion in the fridge, then. Maybe I'll sleep later on, although I doubt it! Monday will be the day to catch up on sleep and laundry, haha. (and watch the skies for snow that day and the next, according to the weather forecast... whee! :P)

This morning, Jon told me that he forgot the birthday cards even after Steph reminded him 45 minutes earlier! So later on, I had to tell Denise that her birthday card was coming: it was just all my brother's fault for holding onto all the January cards! At least she said that Tracy's doing well in Ohio: she has a long weekend, so she's going to do all the typical long weekend things like shop / sleep in / eat out. Sounds good to me!

On the way over, we discussed Henry / Teresa's family history as well as how my mom thought it impacted their lives today. No, I am not blogging the specifics of THAT conversation: there are some things I do NOT blog, contrary to popular belief. ;) There probably is some grain of truth in what she says, but I can't really know for sure since I am not them / don't know them THAT well enough just to ask. (not that I would, of course) At church, we were already late for service since I had to wait over five minutes for them despite leaving "late" (AGAIN!)... they do NOT always have to wait for me! After service, I said hi to Sheena / Chalaine / Andrea before going out the back way: that was actually recommended since the ramp leading to the sanctuary side door was slippery! Didn't get a chance to talk to certain people (Eric / Jeremy) since I stayed at the outside area in the front of the church instead of going to the icy back parking lot, but that was better for my health anyhow. (haha)

Noticed my friend John, so I said hi to him and his baby Olivia: she wouldn't look at me since I'm a stranger to her and don't see her that often! Oh well... at least John definitely got the birthday card back in November, and he thanked me for it! Everyone else started going outside too, so I talked to various people. I did see Randal, but didn't talk to him. Asked Karen Lew about her trip to Seattle: it was cool, she said. Talked to Isabel about ping-pong and what Karen Choo had said to me last week: we both agreed that since we aren't any good and don't play, we'll just take up space and eat the good refreshments instead! That's what I did last time with the chips and such, haha... I should reply to the Evite now before I forget, so I hope the snow and ice is washed away by Friday night! Speaking of Randal, he said on the Evite that he needs another novice player to be there... I'll just be taking up space with Isabel, thanks! If she doesn't come, then I'll be very disappointed! :P

Pat, Vanessa, Steph, Ivan, and Chris talked about basketball and Steph's loud cheerleading at Pat's games. Ivan mentioned to Chris that his parents also disconnected the phone in his room and took away his sound system for lying about his whereabouts last weekend, in addition to taking away his car keys. Steph reminded him that once you lose your parents' trust, it's a VERY uphill battle to gain it back! I asked him whether he knew how long they'd take these things away for, even though I already knew the answer was going to be NO. I'd feel sorrier for him than I do now, but saying you're going to be at church when you're really at a party (and then not being there when your mom calls your friend's cell to check up on you - asking if she can speak to you, even!) isn't the best move to make.

We said hi to Uncle Alfred and Auntie Maggie (who are visiting from the States), and remarked on how Chrystal looked a lot like her aunt... well, her mom IS Auntie Maggie's sister! Fidela laughs a lot like her mom, and I was thinking how Vania laughs like her dad does too! Jon came out and told Tony about the Wal-Mart documentary and the financial abuse of its employees that makes the low prices possible: he's living it since he works there, so he doesn't have to watch it, haha! Karen Lew wondered what he was going on about, so I told her to just Google something like "Wal-Mart sucks" and watch the websites pile up!

We talked about the 24 Season 6 premiere gathering at Nathan's tonight: Eric's definitely going, Steph plans to drive me while kidnapping Cordia (from UBC) and Joyce, Jeremy isn't going because he has to do some actual work, and Phil can't make it either because he hasn't seen Season 5 yet. (someone said it just came out on DVD) Steph told us later that Christon couldn't make it out: his dad works as a restaurant chef, and they apparently have this big dinner event tonight. So when his mom told him about this dinner, he said that he had plans... his mom then laid down this guilt trip: "You'd rather watch a TV show than spend time with your family?!" Well, when you put it like THAT, Mom... er, no... ;) (although I'm sure some part of him would rather see Jack Bauer kill people while various things happen to President Palmer and the other characters!)

When it got too cold to stand around outside anymore and the teens inside were migrating outside to Sunday School next door, I went inside to help with the toddlers. Little autistic Sean (Ian's brother) is back... I missed him the past few weeks! His family went to Hong Kong, and he apparently coped with things okay there... good to hear! He said a lot of stuff I didn't understand, and decided to get a lot of exercise walking around the room instead of sitting down most of the time. Now I can give him the rainbow / unicorn stickers that Lyndsey (fenellaevangela) sent me... next week, perhaps!

Speaking of rainbows, Auntie Fonda called Christal (Wilson's sister) "Rainbow" when she came with her mom to pick Wilson up. And speaking of Wilson, I found one of his old Sunday School coloring worksheets when I was tidying my room yesterday. I gave it to him today as a bonus worksheet: he left it behind one Sunday, and I took it home to give to him later. Rachel's grandma spoke English today, telling Wilson and Rachel to FINISH their toy picnic under the table! Auntie Fonda gave me two nice knitted red toques that she made, one with a trendy bow on top: she said I could regift them if I didn't like them, but I *do* like them, and I'm not just being polite! (one of them is a lighter shade than the other) Now I need a place somewhere for all these hats / toques I seem to be accumulating... right now, they're on one of my desks in my room. She also asked me whether I worked and thought she could take me out since she isn't doing so... we'll see on that nice idea, haha.

After Sunday School, I tried talking to Gwyneth and Evelyn.. they wouldn't really talk to me, except to say that I had to come over to their house for dinner since I didn't do it before. Heh, Gwyneth is cute sometimes! I spotted Cordia looking for Joyce, and mentioned that I heard my sister was going to kidnap her tonight from UBC so she could watch 24 with us. (and be less cliquey with her best friends Quan and Joyce / more social with others, although I didn't mention THAT part!) She told me in a deadpan voice that she was SO OVERJOYED about that, hehe. I also explained last week to Auntie Vivian, who'd just thought that I wasn't feeling well. Yes, I do have Henry's cell number, but I was hesitant about calling it for some odd reason last week... at least the attendance sheets won't be lost in between file folders next week since I put them back in their proper places yesterday!

After that, my family ate Pho for lunch. We saw Hannah, Priscilla, and their dad Rick there: we talked to them briefly. Discussed plans for tonight: Mom said that we couldn't take two cars to Nathan's even if we were picking Eric up, because she might need one in case an emergency or something comes up. Six people (the Richmond Crew, Cordia, and Joyce) in a five-person car is going to be interesting, although we won't need to drive illegally (or not that far if we DO) on the way back! Saw Lesley there, and chatted very briefly about stuff. While Jon was talking to Nathan on the way home, I told him to tell Nate to SLEEP since he's only a little bit better from his flu! My sister just called and said she won't tolerate being late tonight, but picking Eric up just might take a while... she'll call me again when they're leaving his place, so I need to get ready now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home