Saturday, January 13, 2007

God made me walk all floppy, Gwyneth and Evelyn!

As I thought from looking at the attendance sheet today, there HAD been Awana last week... DARN IT ALL! Oh well, no harm done. I talked to Henry for a bit, who said that Winter Conference had been informative: that's what I expect out of it, for sure! Chrystal and I agreed that the story this week was pretty good; it was about a wooden person who was all depressed because he had grey dot stickers (for positive things) instead of yellow star stickers (for negative things) on his body, but then he went to his creator and got a dose of self-esteem... what HE said mattered, not the other wooden people! One of the kids was pretty smart and said that the creator in the kiddy story was like God... too bad he didn't get an Awana dollar for that, haha. The kids had a LOT of energy today, singing I Am A C multiple times (going up a key each repetition) and wanting Henry and Mike to erase ALL the words in the "fruits of the Spirit" song right away! Whoa.

I asked Joey how the Minnesota game had been the other night: "Terrible, just terrible!" was his response... later, he thanked me for doing my normal secretary work with the team points and records. Not a problem! (I think I'll put HIM on my birthday list too, haha) Talked to Amos for a bit about his tiring week and power outages - Anita mentioned she'd had one, AND a phone outage when her cell had no batteries... but he hadn't had one, and neither had I. Then he referenced something he'd learned at the Awana Conference, which I wasn't there for because of the salmon spawning Chinese bus tour. He asked me about that, then I asked whether he played any World of Warcraft: no, but he used to play an online game called MapleStory (which I *have* heard of, surprisingly). However, he promised his mom that he wouldn't play anymore that school started... she'll take away his French tutor (whom he hates) otherwise! I was going to ask him if he read books, but then we got swamped with work at the end of Handbook Time... maybe I'll give him a ginseng bookmark anyhow!

On the way out of the basement, Henry picked up his niece Gwyneth and told Eric T. that he couldn't do something for him since he had four people in his car. I said bye to Ian, who didn't cry like last time I talked to him (phew!) and said "BYE!" loudly. Upstairs, we picked up his other niece Evelyn and convinced her to wear her coat since it was really cold outside. To my surprise, we switched cars to his sister Teresa's... that was fine with me, since it was parked very close to the church and I only had to navigate some grass with snow on it. (not that the sidewalk leading to the church from the back parking lot was as bad as last night since it was apparently shoveled... the basement door was locked, otherwise we could have got in that way beforehand!)

Gwyneth and Evelyn asked me whether / why I was going in their mom's car, and if I liked it: yes, because Henry had to drive me home too, and yes! After that, Gwyneth asked me why I walked "all floppy"... I wasn't sure how much to tell the kid about CP, so it was a good thing Henry came up with a brilliant save: "That's like asking why some people have black hair, and why some have red hair. It's just how God made some people!" Then Gwyneth tried to make a correlation between walking all floppy and eating bad food: I told her the two had nothing to do with one another, while Henry said that everyone should eat good food and reminded them who made their good food. Evelyn asked where my house was: about three minutes from theirs!

Gwyneth kept forgetting that she wasn't supposed to play with her squeaky soccer ball, so I handed her some toy dog in the front: she said that was her dog Sammy. Then she and her sister wanted me to read her pink balloon: I can't read the Chinese part because my Chinese is bad, but the English part said "Luckfook Jewellery." They were on a roll for a bit calling me a weird name, but I ignored that. Then they sang Mary Had A Little Lamb, only replacing the words with "poo" and "pee." (Henry and I had a hushed discussion about toilet humor and the forbidden which kids LOVE!) Then Henry told them to sing a song that they'd learned at Winter Conference: they remembered the first half, but not the second! They talked to each other about popping the balloon and eating it: NO!

Gwyneth asked me if I was going to their house for dinner (no, since I have food at my place), and said that she wanted to go to MY house for dinner... heh, maybe some other time! (or not, considering the current messy conditions of this place) Then she complained of her skin hurting and being itchy: Henry promised her some Vaseline when they got home. While we were passing the other apartment buildings in my complex, Henry told them that we were going to get to my house: Gwyneth asked me why I didn't leave then, so I said that I couldn't exactly get out of a car while it was moving! At my complex, Evelyn asked which was my house: one of those rooms that they could see, I said. (even though you can't see mine from the front door) Everyone said bye while I exited the car... good times, and something to tell my sister about tomorrow since she rightfully thinks they're feisty and a handful to boot!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home