Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The return of stress illness! / No PPV hockey game for me!

While I was looking up stuff on Amazon, I found a book which Jeremy might like: Sailing's Strangest Moments: Extraordinary but True Tales from over 900 Years of Sailing, by John Harding. I know he goes sailing sometimes, but am not sure whether he likes really strange stuff like I do!

TMI: As mentioned in my last entry, I suddenly felt very unwell last night. This manifested itself in the usual way with sulfur burps and diarrhea whenever I ate / drank something. That's why I haven't caught up on my 50+ journal comments yet... might do it now that I have slightly more energy. Maybe it was the Chinese food at Tsim Chai, or even the Greek food at Trocadero. I've been sleeping on and off, too.

This morning, Eric showed up briefly on MSN to tell me not to kill Brain because killing people is bad. I don't know why he still thinks I'm Pinky of Pinky and the Brain. No, I wasn't wearing pink when he told me that... more like yellow, blue, and black! He's a nutter, as well. :P

In the afternoon, I decided to test my system by eating a bit of plain multigrain bread with nothing on it. Seemed to be okay, but I know that plain bread is not the same thing as wheat pizza or whatever else Veronica will have at her house for the people watching the PPV Canucks-Flames hockey game tonight! Good thing this didn't happen last year at this time, otherwise I'd have made a very bad hostess for Melissa!

Steph tried calling me twice, and then got on MSN to message me at 5:20. She wanted to know if I needed a ride to the hockey get-together at Eric's, so I told her what was happening. Apparently, Mom has something similar (with vomiting), but Grandma is fine! Then Eric got online to say "get better right now," so I wondered what my sister was telling him: that I wasn't going to the hockey game because I was sick, and not to give him any of the juicy details. Of course not... there are some things he doesn't NEED to know! I think it's time to take the Chinese medicine my mom gave me a while ago for this sort of thing and hope it works... Steph wondered if I had any Pepto-Bismol, but the tiny herbal pills in a very small bottle will have to do for now. It's better for me to stay in right now and rest while my body gets rid of toxins / loses weight, anyhow.

Sean responded to the "Merry Christmas in 350 languages" with some wishes for me... awesome! Andrea says she's still in Toronto with Chuck's family and is returning on Sunday, so she won't be at the small-group outing on Friday. However, she did wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home