Monday, December 25, 2006

Why am I dreaming of gold necklaces and pee?

I napped from 3:30 till 8:45 - this is why being home is a good thing since nobody's around to wake me up before I'm ready! This will screw with my "sleep schedule," but I did need the sleep. Dreamed about these bratty kids who were creating havoc in a school: spraying people with pee in random hallways / washroom stalls, writing graffiti EVERYWHERE, and disrupting everything / everyone. Most of them reformed after a bit, but there were one or two who still took pleasure in spraying pee on everyone.. especially the reformed ones! Then I dreamed that I was in a hotel with a bunch of my friends (including Calla who was recovering from surgery), and we were trying to get away from people who thought WE were being bad influences. We ran and hid in elevators / in massive crowds of people with suitcases in the hallways. Finally, we got a getaway car and were free of the place AND Calla's boyfriend! Toothpaste Lady was a scourge no more, since we defeated her for the city's sake. (much as you'd defeat a boss in a video game)

I also dreamed that I was checking my journal comments, and that Alyssa pointed me toward a LJ entry in someone's memories on how to leave comments on Myspace. ("Leave comments on Myspace and become more interactive!") Then there was the part about looking for necklaces with gold beads on them while my friends and I were supposed to be watching little kids in a mall, thus risking Auntie Candy's wrath. (Billy and Danny's mom) Apparently, there were some for $70, which was way too expensive. We saw some in blue and pink for $50 in another store nearby, but that was still too rich for our blood. Then we saw them available in lots of colors, for $18 each. $18 was still too expensive for certain people, so we decided to hightail it back to the other end of this long promenade to watch the kids. It was too late to escape Candy's wrath, however... but we all managed to fly away, haha. Then the dream ended...

Triggers? Probably talking about Calla and her commitment-phobic boyfriend (she did have surgery in real life), Auntie Candy, and certain kids we know. Then again, Bob was climbing over a table this morning, and got a stern talking-to from Anita about that: he's old enough to know better, at 13! One of the other Awana kids was lying on another table while watching other kids play a game (not Solomon's Treasure), but at least Matthew kept his shoes off the table! (so I didn't say anything to him) Julie C. was wearing a cool necklace with round gold-colored beads (from Natalie?) today, so that's where THAT came from! As for Toothpaste Lady, my siblings and I knew one of our parents' old friends by that name when we were young kids. Her Chinese name was close enough to the Chinese word for "toothpaste" for us to instantly dub her that, but not to her face!

I checked my email: Fidela's sent us Christmas wishes in English / Spanish / Chinese, and the subject line is in sticky caps... ugh! The Spanish wishes remind me: this morning, Stanley / Mary / William were trying to find a station with continuous Christmas music on the radio. Not the Beat, not Z, not the Fox, not the easy-listening stations... they gave up eventually! At least she doesn't normally type like that. She isn't here for Christmas, but is spending a week with her cousins in Ottawa. Funny that they got a non-white Christmas then! Hopefully, we can see her in the summertime! Here's their holiday picture:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home