Saturday, December 16, 2006

Dream: Cute cigarette filters, twins born underwater, and sending people to their deaths

Yes! Semagic now autosaves even when I exit out of the program, thanks to Jamie's helpful tips! You rock! :D (I've also discovered a font setting, which helps when I want to enlarge / change the font so I can actually see what I'm typing better... yay!)

When I finally did get to sleep, my subconscious plunged me into weirdness yet again. I dreamed that I was waiting for people inside a light brown room of a house. Alan, Liz, Jon, and his friend Matt finally got there and we went driving around in a car: Jon decided to clear a gap in the road by jumping off a ramp onto the other side. We eventually arrived at a crowded building, where we all went our separate ways. Guided by others chattering in the hallways, I went to another room where a woman had given birth to twins underwater with the whales. Rock 101 was covering it, and there were lots of reporters and various microphones along with all the other interested folk. One of the twins looked normal (but appeared three years old?!), but the other one was having problems. Jon found me there, and wondered if I were affiliated with Rock 101. Haha, of course not!

Then he said that I had to go back with him after a while because Ivan, Karen Choo, Vivian and Karen were going to be with us for a meal. I went with him and Matt to the car again (Alan and Liz had gone somewhere else), and I found their cigarette filters pretty cute. Apparently, the smoke went through tubes connected to special foam backing and went right out the other end. They had the windows open to allow the smoke to escape, and I recall thinking that Grace (Jon's girlfriend in the dream who didn't appear) had better not know about this because kissing a smoker wasn't the greatest thing in the world. :P

The multi-floor parking garage was laid out like a waterslide, so we twisted and turned until we reached our destination at the bottom. We were able to look through the windows and see a LOT of people lined up in the night around the orca statues and Canucks jerseys. They were waiting to get inside a music building (it had guitars and such on the sides!) Jon threw his cigarette out the window, and then some East Indian guy threw his own half-smoked cigarette to Jon. I had to say "EWWWW!" at that, of course! After meeting up with the people and having a meal, the people in the restaurant were taken over / herded into a large room on a ship where we were told by some important dude that our tale was now an allegory for giving up various things to make ourselves better. When people asked what he meant, we were told that we'd find out later.

After some time, all the servers in white jackets and the ones in green jackets were told to get off our ship and fend for themselves. This was the allegory for people giving up tea, we were told. Later, all the people who didn't have select last names were told to go into a room where they'd learn their final destinations. We knew that meant they'd die, especially if they were being sent to the desert. Margaret K. wanted to know where Auntie Ruby was because she gave the best advice on snacks for the journey. People surnamed Lee were the first to go, because their last name spelled backward meant EEL. (this somehow made sense when it was explained to us that they were vile serpents) There were various old ladies from church who didn't understand what was going on, so we tried to explain. My parents and I were among the lucky ones, as were my friends from earlier, though we all got separated. As the three of us climbed into a white porcelain lifeboat (which kinda looked like a baby toilet used for toilet training), my mom was crying because she knew she'd never see her friends or these people ever again. My dad put an arm around her and comforted her as best he could. The dream ended when we were all drifting off towards our good promised land... quite weird.

No, I am not on crack. I have NO idea why I had this dream. :P We briefly mentioned Phil's girlfriend Grace last night, as well as tobacco being bad for you... but those shouldn't translate into this! Neither should seeing Alan and Liz for a few minutes last night, or seeing the orca statues near Dragon Ball... I have an odd brain, and Eric thinks I went really nutso during his first year of university at U.Vic when he wasn't around. (we've known each other a LONG time, for sure!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home